Saturday, May 25, 2019

Stampin' Up! From Land to Sea, By the Tide and Well Scripted Birthday Card

Thanks for joining me this Saturday morning. Do you have your cup of coffee, tea or hot chocolate with you? It's supposed to be record high temps here in southwest Florida. Iced coffee should be on the menu for me! So, to get cooled off and refreshed, I took a dive into the sea and look what I came up with...

To create this technique, I took a long piece of cardstock and placed it many ways, each time sponging heavily on the edges with Tranquil Tide ink. I drew my sponge into that piece of cardstock rather than the usual method of sponging. I sponged more lightly in the open space with Pool Party ink. Then I placed Post It Notes to block off each section and stamped the jelly fish and turtle images from the From Land to Sea; the shell, seahorse and coral images from By the Tide and the sentiment from Well Scripted (all retired) using Tranquil Tide ink (retiring June 3). I had done a dry fit so I had a general idea of what images I would use.The masking sheets had Rich Razzleberry ink on them from a card I made last year and the color bled into some of the sections. I love the way this retiform technique came out! The Soft Sea Foam and Tranquil Tide sea grass at the bottom is current and carrying over to the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog. It's called High Tide stamp set. 

I'm playing for the second time this month at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. I'm the 166th entry! Wow are they going to have a tough time deciding on winners.

Allsorts is celebrating their 10th birthday and I'm wishing them a happy birthday for the second time this month! What a coincidence that this entry is the 166th on their site!


Our community has placed flags all along the medians to commemorate Memorial Day. My thanks go out to all of those who died in service to our country and to the families and friends who keep their memories alive.




13 comments:

  1. So cool! Retiform, I think this is, right? It looks almost three-dimensional, you did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Karen! Love the colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - this is awesome! Love the colors and sea-life images! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mary. I wish these sets were still current...but I will love the life out of them!

      Delete
  4. A great card and those colours and images make it perfect for a man. It's lovely to see you at Allsorts 10th Birthday celebrations , thanks so much for joining in the fun.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing card design! And loving those stamps!
    Thank you so much for joining in at Allsorts challenge and celebrating 10 years of challenges with us!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely, Karen. Keep using those retired images. I hate getting rid of the old just because something new has come out! Great color choices and like the bleeding of the Rich Razzleberry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Julie, you and I are kindred spirits. We will keep the old new...including us! Thank you for supporting me.

      Delete
  7. Thank you, Creaine, for visiting and leaving a comment.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...