Friday, May 17, 2019

Stampin' Up! Dandelion Wishes Get Well Card

It's Friday and I can hear y'all who are still working saying, "Yay! Wahoo! and TGIF!" While my husband was alive, he faithfully texted our daughter every Friday morning, "TGIF". I am trying to keep up the tradition, but I fall short sometimes. When I do remember, I put an angel emoji after it. I will tell you tomorrow what I do when I forget!

Yesterday I hosted our card group. I have a friend in Virginia who is a pastry chef at a B & B so I used her recipe for a quiche. It was a success! I cut up fresh cantaloupe, strawberries, and blueberries for a fruit salad and finished with Double Chocolate Pudding Parfaits. I always try something new when I host. I think we all gained a pound! I got the dessert recipe from Epicurious.

We made four cards and I will be showing them to you consecutively, the last one being on Monday for Makeover Madness. Here's one I created for the Inspire.Create.Challenge #043 | Colour Challenge
No photo description available.



Aud Sentiments has a Summer plus Sentiment challenge. What says summer more than blowing dandelion seeds into the wind? Did you do that as a kid? Do you do it now? There are no dandelions in southwest Florida!

I used the Stampin' Up! Dandelion Wishes stamp set for the sentiment and image. My card base is Very Vanilla, a mat of Basic Black, and a Very Vanilla panel that was masked and sponged with the challenge colors. The black rhinestone that is in the center of the dandelion is retired. BUT you can take a current Rhinestone Basic Jewel and color it black with a Stampin' Blend or a Sharpie!

For the inside, I used a sentiment from the Stampin' Up! Healing Hugs stamp set. 



Both of these sets are in the 2018-2019 Stampin' Up! catalog and will be in the 2019-2020 catalog. 


Thank you for stopping by today.

Partial List of Product Used:

4 comments:

  1. Sweet card! Perfect summer colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty, Karen! Love how you've showcased this wonderful set! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary...and I have an order for two more just like it...woo hoo!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...