Monday, April 8, 2019

Stampin' Up! All The Good Things

The other day one of the demonstrators who lives near me said, "The new annual catalog will be here before we know it and I’ve yet to make a card using...." Well, I'm here to tell you today that I am echoing her thought.

However, I was mistaken...I had used a sentiment from the title of my post. So, I then decided to use another set that I didn't think I had used...same thing...I had used a sentiment from Peaceful Place. (You'll see that card Wednesday!)

So, I'm quite proud of myself that I have used all of my over 100 current Stampin' Up stamp sets! Now, don't ask me about my dies or embossing folders!

But, let's get back to the task at hand...this is Makeover Monday Madness and I decided to CASE my upline, Mary, again. Here's her card...her one year old recipient is now 4! Some demonstrators call this a "collar fold" and some call it a "peek-a-boo" fold. There are different ways to make the collar as well. You will notice the difference between hers and mine. No matter which way you slice it, I love it! AND since it is a fun fold, I've decided to play at a2z Scrapbooking's April Challenge.

Large Numbers Balloon Celebration 1 - Stamps-N-Lingers

My card is not for as happy an occasion. Mine is for one of Carole's daughters.


My card base is Sahara Sand with a mat of Crushed Curry. I still have a couple of packages of the retired Serene Scenery DSP so I used that for my "collar". Because I've used patterned paper, I'm entering my card at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper April 2019 challenge. She has a great prize this month!

The koi are stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with my Crushed Curry Stampin' Write marker. These are considered "critters" so I am playing at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies Challenge #25 today.

I used a sentiment from Lilypad Lake and cut it out with a matching die from the Lakeside Framelits. I sponged the edges with Sahara Sand ink.

For the inside, I chose to use a sentiment from the retired Heartfelt Sympathy set. I used Crushed Curry ink for all my sentiments. The corners are punched with the Detailed Trio punch.


If you have any questions or want measurements, just let me know.

Thanks for stopping by and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for Amy's Inkin' Krew monthly blog hop.

Partial List of Products Used:

11 comments:

  1. Even though A2Z's title for the April challenge is "Fun Folds", I see you have a sad occasion that you are making it for. The fold works for this lovely card. Glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking for our April challenge of "Fun Folds".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Arlene. I'll be back with another fun fold for a fun occasion!

      Delete
  2. Thank you for the compliment of the CASE, Karen - but sorry that you needed a sympathy card. You did a lovely job and I know it will bring your friend a smile and a moment of peace. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. Her daughters are doing okay...moments of sadness, moments of joy.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for linking this card to our April challenge gallery at a2z, although it's for a sad occasion it's beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Cindy. I'm so glad you were able to have the time to leave a comment.

      Delete
  4. Very unique fold and I love it! I don't think I've ever seen that one before. Your card is just fabulous. Congrats on using 100 stamp sets too! That's a lot!
    Thanks so much for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn, for leaving such a nice comment on behalf of 2 CCC's!

      Delete
  5. A great card - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice fold design, I have not seen that before! A nice looking card also. Thanks for joining us over at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...