Monday, March 11, 2019

Stampin' Up! Lasting Lily

Welcome back to another round of Makeover Monday!

Meg had a card for us to make on Thursday and I just loved it! I was able to share Amy Koender's tip on how to get the leaf and stem stamps to line up with the new dies. You can watch that here. Thank you so much, Amy!

Tami White has a video on how to create this card. You can pick up viewing the "how to" at about 36 minutes into the video. Here' Tami's...









and here's Meg's...

Because I didn't have time to make this at Meg's I decided to CASE hers and Tami's and here is my card...



I am playing at a new site for me Color My Heart Color Dare #333 - TicTacToe Color Palette for "So Much Happy"


and as you can see, I chose to go down the right column. My colors are Night of Navy, Mint Macaron and Call Me Clover.

I cut the frame out of Mint Macaron with the Rectangle Stitched Dies, embossed it with the Petal Burst TIEF and mounted it to a Whisper White card base. The sentiment is from Lasting Lily (free until March 31 with a $100 purchase), stamped in Night of Navy on a scrap of Mint Macaron and cut out with a die from Stitched Shapes Framelits. 

The bigger flower is stamped on watercolor paper with Night of Navy. I used an aqua painter to blend the ink on the rough paper. The smaller flower is stamped on Whisper White in Night of Navy.

I stamped the leaves and stem on Whisper White with Call Me Clover and then cut everything out with the Lily Framelits Dies.

Everything is adhered with liquid glue with the exception of the sentiment, which is adhered with Dimensionals.

There is no photo of the inside as it hasn't been created yet. I might use this as a sympathy card OR for a retirement card. There are no words to express how I feel about the retirement of one of our pastors. I am happy for him and his wife, but sad for our congregation.

Chester loves to be in the card room with me. He likes to explore the closet where I keep my card stock.

Gotta check out the embellishments too!



AND he likes to occupy my chair!!


Chester was trying his best to help me make this card but gave up and decided it was supper time. It's difficult to make a card on an empty stomach. He is one big boy and we love him to pieces!





Thanks for stopping by and have a Magical Monday.

12 comments:

  1. Lovely lilies in blue! And, excuse me, but did you say "YOUR" chair??! Seriously? Silly woman. That is HIS chair and he lets you borrow it. Sometimes! What a cutie! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HA! Yes, it takes an owner of a boy dog to understand what the owner of a boy cat does not understand! Thanks, Mary.

      Delete
  2. Pretty card! Great colors and design! :) Chester is a beautiful kitty! Love his coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at CMH, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy. I was glad I could join.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card! Love lilies!! Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this stamp set - and the embossed leaves behind the lily is a terrific background. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare - hope to see you back for future challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful floral stamp and love your embossed background. So glad you found us at Color Dare and hope that you come back for future fun color challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...