Monday, February 11, 2019

Stampin' Up! Wonderful Romance

Wow, I'm sticking with my Monday Makeover post two weeks in a row. This week I have decided to makeover one of my teammate's cards, Julie Johnston. 


My card base is Highland Heather. I ran the card front through my Big Shot using the Subtle embossing folder. It might be difficult to see it in the photo because it is so subtle. It just adds some texture to the card stock.

I used the edgelit die from the Wonderful Floral Framelits set but I need to go back to the drawing board to get it centered so I have the top edge cut better. I wish I had noticed that before I did my next step.

The mat of DSP from the Botanical Butterfly (SAB free item with purchase of $50) was adhered to the back of the front of the card.

I stamped the flower arrangement from Wonderful Romance with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, colored it with various Stampin' Blends and cut it out with another die from Wonderful Floral Framelits. I adhered it with Dimensionals.

The sentiment is stamped in Highland Heather ink using a stamp from the Meant to Be set. I cut it out with another die from Wonderful Floral and adhered that with Mini Dimensionals.

Now for the inside...

My friend, Carole, gave me a die that embosses. So, I used it to reflect the butterflies on the front. I stamped the sentiment from the Floral Phrases stamp set first, embossed it and then sponged Highland Heather all over it trying to highlight the heart shape.

Thank you for taking time to visit my blog today and I hope Julie will be pleased with my attempt to CASE her card.

I am playing at Addicted to Stamps #171 - Anything but a Square and Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper February Challenge.

Partial Product List:

13 comments:

  1. Very pretty...inside and out! I love that Subtle folder, it makes a perfect calm background for your gorgeous florals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! Love the soft colors and the designer paper peeking out under the die cut leaves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely, lovely! Great colors. Love the inside too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh - this is so pretty!! Love the die cut against that gorgeous DSP! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful creation. Thanks for joining our challenge at Addicted to Stamps. Marlies

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us in our Anything but Square challenge at Addicted to Stamps
    Julie T

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...