Sunday, February 10, 2019

Stampin' Up! Happy Tails Birthday

I think I'm addicted to this one stamp set! My Godson's father has a birthday next week on Valentine's Day. He also has a dog named Roxy and she looks just like this dog! 

My card was inspired by these challenges:


1. Let's start with AYSI first: Bow, Stripes, Patterned Paper, Poppy Parade, Cut Out...check.

2. Then text...I cut out the definition of dog from my dictionary and adhered it to my card front.

3. Wood...yeppers...my dog house! Take a look see at what I'm talking about...


My card base is Poppy Parade as are the hearts and inside sentiment, which you'll see in a minute.

The stripes are from the Botanical Butterflies Designer Series paper (SAB free item with a $50 order). That could be considered patterned paper, but I went the extra mile and created my own with the paw print, bone, heart and "ruff! ruff!".

I used the Happy Tails stamp set for everything that was stamped on the outside! The dog is cut out with a punch and adhered with Dimensionals. I added a tiny pearl for his eye. The dog house is cut out with paper snips. His bow is a piece of linen thread adhered with a glue dot. The inspiration for my design came from Jenny Hall.

Here's the inside...
The top sentiment and paw prints are from Happy Tails and the "Celebrate Your Day!" is from Hello Cupcake (SAB item free with a $50 order).

Thanks for stopping by.

Measurements:
Card Base:11" x 4 1/4", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
Poppy Parade Mats: 2 1/8" x 5 1/2" and 1 1/8" x 5 1/2"
Whisper White: 1 1/4" x 5 1/2" and 3 3/4" x 5"
DSP: 2" x 5 1/2" and 1" x 5 1/2"

Partial List of Products Used:


14 comments:

  1. Cute card Karen, a winner for sure. I like your design. The dog is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley...so happy to have you leave a comment. I hope the challenge sites think like you!

      Delete
  2. You've certainly created a dog-lover's dream card, Karen! The librarian in me is hoping that the dictionary was an old one! :-) Thank you for joining us again at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jan. I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  3. Sweet card, love the puppy prints across the background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE!! I love the wee little dog definition...what a fun addition to an already fun card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, LeAnne. I hated cutting up that dictionary as much as I hate cutting up my DSP...lol.

      Delete
  5. So cute, Karen! What a fun card for a dog owner! I love the hand stamped patterned paper you created! Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Heather. Creating your own background is so much fun! It was my pleasure to join AYSI.

      Delete
  6. As a 'new' mom to a new puppy, your card sure does tug at my heartstrings! So cute...and how clever to incorporate wood as the dog house! Thrilled to see this gem in the Just Us Girls gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Carol and congrats on your new pup.

      Delete
  7. You've used text beautifully here - the dictionary definition and the 'ruff, ruff' - and the dog is totally cute. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...