Thursday, January 24, 2019

Stampin' Up! Butterfly Gala for Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Today is our hop and we have a color challenge. It just amazes me how quickly Thursdays roll around. What is equally amazing is all the talent our team shares so I hope you'll hop along. Here are the colors...
Image may contain: text
and here is what I made for it...


My card base is Petal Pink. I stamped a small butterfly from the Butterfly Gala stamp set all over the front in Petal Pink but I didn't like the way it looked so I took a piece of vellum from the Floral Romance Specialty Designer Series Paper and adhered it with glue dots to the base front. I cut a mat of Mossy Meadow and adhered that with liquid glue. Using glue dots, I adhered the flowers/leaves piece of vellum to the mat.

With my Big Shot and the Well Written Framelits Dies, I cut out the words and adhered them with spray glue.

The butterfly from the Botanical Butterfly DSP is colored with my Fresh Fig, Mossy Meadow and Petal Pink Stampin' Write Markers and punched with my Butterfly Duet Punch.

For the inside, I adhered another piece of vellum, because I just love it so much, and added a die cut rectangle to write a personal message in Fresh Fig or Mossy Meadow. I stamped butterflies from the Butterfly Gala set in Petal Pink full strength. I had stamped them second generation but you couldn't even see them.

Now on to the hop...click on the "Next" button to visit Julie's blog (she loves butterflies!).




Just in case you get lost along the way, here is a list of the team members involved in the hop today:





Karen Finkle - you are here!
Julie Johnston

Measurements (inches):

Card base: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2
Vellum: 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 (2)
Mat: 3 3/4 x 5
Vellum: 3 1/2 x 4 3/4
Scraps for words

Partial Product List:

7 comments:

  1. Lovely, Karen! Great minds think alike. I, too have done something and didn't like the result. Good way to remedy that...using lovely DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Karen! Love your die cut sentiment, that vellum is so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty Pretty! Gotta love a good sentiment die and you've layered them so perfectly against that gorgeous vellum DSP! Well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the softness the vellum adds. Well done.

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...