Sunday, December 2, 2018

Stampin' Up! Winter Woods

 I needed a quick card for today but I'm not sure if I like it or not. My white craft ink pad has quite a problem trying to stay wet. I was trying to do the black ice technique but with white ink! Maybe I'll try it again.


My card base is Mossy Meadow and like I said, I swiped the ink pad down different portions of the card front. Apparently, part of the ink pad is quite moist. It kept sticking to the card stock. So, then I decided to see what happened when I stamped the tree in Memento Tuxedo Black. In real life, it looks green! I stamped the sentiment in Mossy Meadow. I added embellishments from Santa's Workshop Enamel Shapes. The card was done in 5 minutes!

Even though I'm not totally happy with it, I decided to play at Christmas Card Throwdown 52CCT47-18 


using sketch C221 from November 2017


I really would appreciate your comments if you have any suggestions or constructive criticism. I have not been a fan of this ink pad since the day I bought it but maybe I just don't know how to use craft ink properly. It seems thicker than other inks. Thanks for stopping by.

Product List
Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
Whisper White Craft Stampin' Pad
[101731]
$8.00

14 comments:

  1. Elle est vraiment sympa cette carte Karen, ce style rustique est réussi, merci de jouer avec nous chez 52cct, biz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Le plaisir était pour moi. Merci beaucoup, Fabiola.

      Delete
  2. I think that it turned out really pretty Karen! The Kraft ink pads are definitely thicker, they're designed for embossing so they stay wet longer too. I find that I have to reink mine pretty much every time that I use it (I don't use mine often either). Try to use a plastic spoon to move the ink around a bit when you reink it...sort-of the motion that you'd use to frost a cake. That will help even the ink out across the ink pad. Hope that helps! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. I will give that way of inking a try for my next one.

      Delete
  3. WHITE Ice! GREAT idea and I love it! And that stamp set is so awesome, isn't it!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoever thought I'd come up with another technique! Remember the sponging with a kleenex when we were in NY? Thanks, Mary.

      Delete
  4. I like the rustic look. Have not tried to use the craft ink this way, but I think I will try it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Julie. A rustic look sounds so much better than my "hot mess"! Glad I inspired you.

      Delete
  5. Well, I love this! I can never achieve this look and you've made it look so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only way to learn is to try new things. I've never found a white ink pad that I was completely happy with. Your card has an arty feel which looks intended. :) So quick to make too! Thanks for joining in at 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alison. It was my pleasure to join your challenge.

      Delete
  7. Nice card,and beautifull stamp. Thanks for joing 52CCT

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the white wash on the background looked really cool. I really like your holiday card. I think it is festive. Thank you for joining us at 52CCT.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...