Thursday, June 7, 2018

Stampin' Up! Sitting Pretty for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop


Welcome to another Thursday of hopping. This week we have a sketch challenge...


No automatic alt text available.

and we are welcoming back Julie Johnston. After you read about my card, I hope you'll click on the "Next" button below that will take you to Julie's project. Clicking on each name will take you directly to that team member's project.

Now for my card...tada...




I think my card is fairly feminine so I am entering it at Watercooler Wednesday - WWC173 - Tenia's Feminine "Anything Goes" Challenge.

My card base color is Call Me Clover with a mat of Powder Pink. I cut a piece of DSP from Share What You Love and adhered that to the pink mat.

On a piece of Whisper White, I stamped the tree from Sheltering Tree. For the trunk and branches, I used Granite Gray. For the leaves I used Call Me Clover, stamped off once, and Powder Pink, full strength.

I used the Pretty Park Framelits to cut out my bench, squirrel and to emboss the cobblestone. Before I did that, I used the stamps from Sitting Pretty to stamp Memento Tuxedo Black on Granite Gray card stock for the bench and squirrel. I adhered the cobblestone and squirrel to the art panel with Tombow liquid glue. Then I adhered the bench with Dimensionals. The finished art panel was glued to the card front with liquid glue.

For the inside...


I punched the corners on the Powder Pink mat using the Detailed Trio Punch. I cut another piece of Whisper White large enough to accommodate the bench. Using Granite Gray, I stamped off once. The sentiment is stamped full strength in Call Me Clover. It is stamped at a slight tilt because it gave me the sensation that I was doing all of those actions! You know I never sit straight nor think straight!!

Measurements and products used are listed after the hoppers. Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to hop with us.



Karen Finkle - you are here!
Julie Johnston

Measurements:

Card Base - 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
Powder Pink: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" and 4" x 5 1/4" (inside)
DSP: 3 1/2" x 3 1/2"
Whisper White: 2 3/4" x 4 1/2" (art panel) and 2 3/4" x 4" (inside)

Products Used:

Big Shot
[143263]
$110.00

16 comments:

  1. What a sweet card! Love that little bench, looks like the perfect spot to sit and enjoy the day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. Yes, I would like to be sitting there with any of our team members :-)

      Delete
  2. haha, so cute with the squirrel hiding under the bench, nicely done

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandi. When we RV'd, we would always feed the squirrels at our campsite. They would eat out of our hands.

      Delete
  3. Hi Karen, I love the way you've combined these stamp sets to create your sweet scene. Using the colours from that pretty Designer paper in the layers of your card and in the colours of the bench and tree really pull it together well. Thanks so much for joining our Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heidi, for stopping by. I always love to read your comments.

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful card! The friend who receives it will be one lucky and happy friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, love it! It looks so inviting. Great color combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely park scene!! so cute. Great job !

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great scene you've created with your park bench, tree and squirrel Karen. Your sentiment on the inside and the extra details you've added make this a totally great card. Thanks so much for joining our Feminine Anything Goes challenge at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty scene and a sweet card. Thank you for joining us at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge - Charlotte/Lady Joyful, DT

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...