Saturday, November 19, 2016

Quilted Southern

I think I'll enter this card in the CHNC #308 and  the November 2016 Challenge Patterned Paper Challenge as well as Just Add Ink #337.


All products are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted. On my Demonstrator Party Planning FB group, I CASEd another demonstrator's card (Therese Arsenault). The card base is Cherry Cobbler and the second layer is Pear Pizzazz. I used my new Stitched Shapes Framelits and cut out the squares using the smallest square. I used Merry Moments DSP and This Christmas DSP. I adhered them to a layer of Whisper White. The sentiment is from Christmas Pines, stamped in Cherry Cobbler and cut with the smallest stitched oval. I used the Layering Ovals to do the scallop oval. They are both raised with dimensionals. The bottom was done using the Holly embossing folder. I used Garden Green and Real Red to color the holly. Upon making this card, this southern belle re-realized why she doesn't quilt! I'll stick with Quilted Northern...lol. Hmmm, can I make a card out of toilet paper?

If I make this card again, I will use a thin strip of paper to separate the embossing from the squares...which are really triangles :-) Maybe I could use the toilet paper???

Thank you for looking. 

12 comments:

  1. Great effect Karen, it reminds me of a Christmas quilt my nan had. Thanks for sharing at just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely, festive, card Karen. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet card - and a wonderful way to used up all those little bits of patterned paper that we have left over. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still have little bits of patterned paper! Thank you.

      Delete
  4. Oh, now this just makes me want to snuggle up under my quilt! Fab card, thanks for sharing it with us at Just Add Ink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how the various paper patterns coordinate so well to make such a festive card. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Craftyhazelnut's Patterned paper Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 308 and my Patterned Paper November challenge – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for November - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Hazel. How do you ever manage to look at all the cards that are entered?

      Delete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...