Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Stampin Up! Adventure Awaits Congratulations Card

Good morning, peeps. Today's card is for my former pastor at my former church in Ft. Myers. He and his wife moved to Fayetteville, GA. I know someone else who lives there and I hope they get to meet! He plays guitar and I made some plaques (shown at the end of my post) involving guitars for him and Andrew Brunson before I left Florida. Here ya go with the card... 

I've wanted to create this for quite awhile and I just finally received the Kokorosa die. The sentiment is from the retired Stampin' Up! Beautiful World.

I sponged the sky with Lemon Lolly and Moody Mauve as the additional color. The water is sponged with Boho Blue. The sentiment is Night of Navy, as is the mat. The birds are from the retired Sailing Home Stamp Set and are stamped in Night of Navy but so much of it looks like black.

For the inside...


more Boho Blue, Night of Navy and Lemon Lolly.

I'm entering my card at the Paper Players Challenge PP693 - A Colour Challenge from Joanne. The guitar is black but that is not a color :-) I hope the team agrees!

Here are photos of the plaques I made...


Andrew had his guitar confiscated when he and his wife were imprisoned in Turkey. She was released after 13 days but he was not. Upon his release, the pastor and friends had a guitar made for him to replicate what he had lost. It was given to him at a church service...not a dry eye in the place!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll return tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop. There might just be another entry for the PPC!






9 comments:

  1. SUCH a cool card!! Hope I get to meet your friends! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen... I caught the guitar right away even in the small Mr. Linky picture, and had to check out your card. This is so fun! Your former pastor will love it. I don't know this die. I wonder did it come shaped as a guitar or did you see the potential and die cut it twice, flip and create the shadow. Either way, the card is just wonderful! Thanks ever so much for joining and sharing at the Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting on behalf of the PP. The die is frm Kokorosa. My card making buddy gets a lot of dies from them. I had thought about trying to use SU Grove Dies but couldn't wrap my head around that idea.

      Delete
  3. Karen this die is so perfect, given the recipient - how interesting to read the detail of your post today. I love the addition of the pink as your 'choice' colour too - it adds a beautiful warmth to your sunset sky. Thanks for playing along with my colour challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely scene! Thank you for playing along with The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is so stunning. It took me a while to take in that the die cut could either be a guitar or the sunset imagery that I first saw. Thanks for inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Bistro Burger Birthday Card

Good morning, peeps. I bet a lot of you are glad it's Friday. Since the weekend is arriving, perhaps you'll be having a picnic? Want...