Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Stampin' Up! Garden Meadow Encouragement Card for Amy's Inkin' Krew Monthly Blog Hop

Hello my stamping friends! Welcome to our monthly Amy's Inkin' Krew hop. Our theme for this month is "Celebrate Summer" and we can interpret that any way we want and use any product we wish. Here is what I created for it using the Garden Meadow Stamp Set along with other stamp sets...

Let's take a closer look and I'll tell you more about it. My design was one I saw on a video by Ginny Harrell. I made one following her directions but this one was created differently.
On this card I used a piece of Basic White that measured 8 7/8" x 2 7/8". I scored it at 3" and 6". Ginny used strips of copy paper. The scenes are cut with the arch die from the Garden Meadow set and the fences are as well. The background is cut from the Thoughtful Journey DSP. The fence on the left is cut from Country Woods DSP and the one on the right is stamped with Crumb Cake ink and cut with a different fence die from the set. The sentiment is from the Something Fancy Stamp Set. The bird embellishments are from the Adhesive Backed Dragonflies & Birds.

Here's what the backside looks like...
More DSP from the Thoughtful Journey pack. I'm happy with the way it turned out. Doesn't it look like a summer day?

Here are pics of my first attempt doing it Ginny's way...

This is more of the Thoughtful Journey DSP and the sentiment is from the Trucking Along Stamp Set. The back is a piece of  the new 2024-2026 In Color Summer Splash. For some reason, the strips were too bulky and gluey compared to using a strip of cardstock. But, again, thistles are abundant in the summer.

Thank you for stopping by today. Clicking on the "Next" button will take you to Terry Lynn, and clicking on the "Previous" button will take you to Ann Louise. Clicking on the individual names will take you directly to each member's post. Trust me, you're in for a treat no matter what direction you hop!
Karen Finkle - that's me!

16 comments:

  1. OMG Karen this is gorgeous. LOVE this fold and how you used the die to make it. Perfection!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Karen! Love the fun fold design, perfect way to use that pretty paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful fun fold card! Love, love this paper so much! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea for a card. Very summery. Love that DSP

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great idea for a card. Very summery. Love that DSP

    ReplyDelete
  6. I jumped for Joy when I saw your card for 2 reasons: First, it’s AWESOME! I love it 🥰 but secondly, I have been searching all over for how to do this 🤣🤣🤣 thanks for finding the pattern. That DSP you used is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my - this is just wunnermus!! Love this fun fold! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Bistro Burger Birthday Card

Good morning, peeps. I bet a lot of you are glad it's Friday. Since the weekend is arriving, perhaps you'll be having a picnic? Want...