Thursday, January 4, 2024

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender, Perennial Postage and Light the Sky New Year Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop.



My card starts off with a base of Highland Heather cardstock and, as you can see, I flipped the sketch on edge.

Next I took a piece of Perennial Lavender Designer Series Paper and adhered it to the front with liquid glue.

Using a 4" x 2 1/4" piece of Basic White cardstock,I stamped the leaf image in Shaded Spruce ink. Then on scraps I stamped the images of the lavender and the stems in Gorgeous Grape and Shaded Spruce inks. The stamp set I used is the new Painted Lavender Photopolymer set. I cut the scrap images out with the coordinating Painted Lavender Dies and adhered them to the  Basic White panel with liquid glue. The panel is also adhered with liquid glue.

Out of another scrap of Basic White, I cut the "Big Hugs" from the Perennial Postage Stamp Set,(stamped in Fresh Freesia ink) with a die from the coordinating Perennial Postage DiesI adhered the die cut with Stampin’ Dimensionals, added three Purple Fine Shimmer Gems and a "Mary bow, a/k/a Farrah Fawcett bow" of Linen Thread  to finish the card front. (I also sponged all the Basic White with Fresh Freesia ink so it wasn't so stark.)

For the inside...


I cut a piece of Basic White 5 1/4" x 4" and, in Fresh Freesia ink, stamped the "Happy New Year" from the Light the Sky Stamp Set. The butterflies from the Painted Lavender set are stamped in Gorgeous Grape.

Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Akiko Sudano. Clicking on the names listed below will take you directly to team members and their projects. I hope you enjoy all the creativity. Thank you for stopping by! Oh, and please hit that "follow" button on the side bar if you haven't already. My goal for 2024 is to reach 200 followers!
Mary Deatherage
Jaimie Babarczy
Karen Finkle - you are here!
Akiko Sudano
Karen Ksenzakovic
Tara Carpenter
Carol Buckalew
Nel Thames

Project Details—All Products Current SU!
Stamps Painted Lavender, Perennial Postage, Light the Sky
Card stock & Papers     Highland Heather, Basic White, Perennial Lavender
 Ink Fresh Freesia, Gorgeous Grape, Shaded Spruce
Accessories Purple Fine Shimmer Gems, Linen Thread
Tools     Painted Lavender Dies, Perennial Postage Dies

21 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Karen :) Love how you turned the sketch, Perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Karen! Just love this DSP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Karen! Love the colors and lavender images are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty Karen! I love how you turned it around! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! I love the way you turned the sketch sideways! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. How very lovely, and a beautiful way to send New Year's greetings.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card - I just love the paper you used.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is gorgeous, Karen! Can’t wait to place my order for these goodies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, whoever you are, and enjoy them when you get them!

      Delete
  9. Love it Karen! Beautiful bow, I need more practice to get one looking that great! Happy New Year, my friend, may our blessing be more in 2024. 😊💖

    ReplyDelete
  10. This DSP is probably my favorite... love how you turned the sketch :O)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Quiet Reflection

Welcome to Monday Makeover Madness. Today's card is a makeover of this one . Again, it's Sketch #4 of Kendra's Card Challenge #1...