Thursday, November 30, 2023

Stampin' Up! Regal Reindeer Christmas Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

 Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop.

Let's take a closer look at what I did...

I used Mossy Meadow cardstock for my base. I cut a piece of Crumb Cake cardstock and ran it through my die cutting machine with the largest circle die from the Stylish Shapes Dies. Then I took that same die and cut a circle from a piece of Basic White Cardstock. Next I ran the Crumb Cake piece through my embossing machine with the Geometric Shapes EF. Then I adhered it to the card front.

With the Basic White circle in my Stamparatus (no longer available) I stamped the trees using the Fragrant Forest Stamp. That was done with Mossy Meadow ink and a Mossy Meadow Stampin' Write Marker. I had to use the Stamparatus because my stamp does not give the look I want unless I stamp it numerous times. I wanted some trees to look like they still had snow on them and the ones that got the sun shining on them, not so much! I think I achieved that. Do you agree? I adhered the circle inside the Crumb Cake opening.

For the rest of the card front, using various Reindeer Dies, I cut two trees from a Mossy Meadow scrap, the snow mounds from Basic White scraps, the fox from a Cajun Craze scrap and I had the bunny left over from a previous card. For the sentiment from the Regal Reindeer Stamp Set, I used Versa Mark Ink and Gold Embossing Powder and heat set it.  I used liquid glue and Stampin' Dimensionals to adhere the pieces to the card front.

I had a Distressed Gold Specialty Paper star hanging around in my stash so I also adhered that for the Star of Bethlehem. The fox and the rabbit are not friends in the forest but for my card, the fox promised not to eat the bunny...ah, peace on earth!!

On to the inside...

I stamped everything from the Regal Reindeer Stamp Set.

That's it for now peeps. Clicking on the "next" button will take you t
o Akiko Sudano. Clicking on the names listed below will take you directly to team members and their projects. I hope you enjoy all the creativity. Thank you for stopping by! Oh, and hit that "follow" button on the side bar if you haven't already. I only need two more followers to reach my year-end goal! TIA!!

Amy Koenders
Mary Deatherage
Jaimie Babarczy
Karen Finkle - you are here!
Akiko Sudano
Karen Ksenzakovic
Tara Carpenter
Terry Lynn Bright
Carol Buckalew
Nel Thames


12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card! Love all the details and the rustic colors! 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card Karen :) Great design!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Karen! Love the colors and the little critters and the evergreen trees! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful wintery card! I love how the embossing sets off your forest!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, Karen! I love this set so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card. Yes, some of the trees still look like they retained some snow. And, peace on earth for sure when the fox agrees to not eat the bunny! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Stippled Roses for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...