Saturday, August 19, 2023

Stampin' Up! Earthen Textures Birthday Card

Happy Saturday, peeps! Have anything special planned for the weekend? Today I'm going to The Spice & Tea Exchange store for a tasting! Not only do they have spices and teas, but they have olive oil and cheese samples...yum! My card for you today is a CASE of  my teammate, Terry Lynn Bright.

My card base is Soft Suede (retired) 4 1/4" x 11" and scored at 5 1/2".  My Copper Clay Cardstock mat measures 4" x 5 1/4" and the layer of Earthen Elegance DSP measures 3 7/8" x 5 1/8". All are adhered to the card front with liquid glue. I cut a strip of Copper Clay 1" x 4 1/4" and adhered it just a little under 2″ from the bottom. 

The die cuts are from the Earthen Textures Dies: more Earthen Elegance DSP for some “grasses”; Distressed Gold Specialty DSP for two fronds and the ‘xx’ pattern on the strip. Don't you love this large leaf in Very Vanilla Cardstock? I can see Cleopatra being fanned with it, but I digress.

I layered the two ‘xx’ patterns on the strip on each end; the two grasses, then the fronds and finally the large leaf. I tied a bow with ribbon I was supposed to use on another group card! I adhered that with a glue dot to the large leaf. 

I stamped the sentiment from the Go To Greetings Stamp Set with VersaMark ink then sprinkled Gold Embossing Powder over it and heat set – all on a strip of Soft Suede 1" x 3".  I die cut it with one of the Stylish Shapes Dies and adhered it with dimensionals. 

I adhered three Rustic Metallic Adhesive-Backed Dots to the corner, et voila, card front done!

So, I'm wondering...do you think this could serve as a masculine card, feminine card or either? 

Thank you for stopping by today and have a blessed weekend.

4 comments:

Stampin' Up! Latte Love for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's tak...