Thursday, July 13, 2023

Stampin' Up! Oceanfront Anniversary Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop.


I used both!

My card base is 4 1/4"" x 5 1/2  piece of  Copper Clay. Cardstock I cut a piece of Very Vanilla Cardstock (4" x 5 1/4") and ran it through my embossing machine with the Painted Textures 3D EF BUT only embossing the sides 1" in.  I cut a strip of Copper Clay 2023-2025 In Color DSP  (2 1/2" x 5 1/2"), sponged it with Copper Clay Ink and adhered it to the Very Vanilla piece, folding 1/4" over the top and securing it with Stampin' Seal+...no glue on the rest of it because I turned it into a flip card!

Next I cut a piece of Copper Clay Cardstock using a Scalloped Contours Die.  On another piece of Very Vanilla, I stamped the scene from the Oceanfront Stamp Set and Seaside Bay Stamp Set using Coastal Cabana (ocean), Crumb Cake (sand), Pebbled Path (shells) and Balmy Blue (sky). I cut it out with a Deckled Rectangle Die. I adhered that to the scalloped mat. Then I adhered only the middle section of the mat to the DSP "flap". I stamped the sentiment from the Days to Remember Stamp Set in VersaMark ink and heat embossed it using Copper Embossing Powder. I punched the sentiment out with the Double Oval Punch and the mat with the same punch using Copper Clay Cardstock. I adhered the sentiment to the mat with liquid glue and the left side of the mat to the "flap" with Stampin' Dimensionals.

After this post, I will add birds to the sky but our hop involves only current product and the birds in flight from the High Tide Stamp Set are retired. It did add something to the card, however!

I can't show you the inside because I already wrote in it. But I can tell you what I did. I used the Days to Remember Stamp Set and stamped July 25, 2015 in Copper Clay Ink. Then I printed out a picture of my daughter and her husband's first dance. (They had been sweethearts in junior high and went their own ways until they met again in 2013. They were made for each other!) I made it to fit under the flap and only adhered it with temporary adhesive in case they want to use another photo. I'm happy the 8th anniversary is copper because it worked perfectly for SU's current In Color.

I'm entering my card in the Double D Challenge "The Great Outdoors" and Can You Handle the Pressure "ATG with a Twist of Stars".

That's it for now peeps. Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Akiko. Clicking on the names listed below will take you directly to team members and their projects. I hope you enjoy all the creativity. Thank you for stopping by!

Amy Koenders
Mary Deatherage
Jaimie Babarczy
Karen Finkle - you are here!
Akiko Sudano
Karen Ksenzakovic
Tara Carpenter
Terry Lynn Bright
Carol Buckalew

26 comments:

  1. So pretty Karen! Love the beach scene that you've created, great colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Karen :) Love your design and the colors you used

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Perfect for the occasion. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your card, and it will be better with birds. :-) Also, I liked the story behind the inside of the card, and the fact that you use proper grammar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SFAM, I thank you for such a high compliment. I always trys to use correct grammar and spelling. I'm horrified when I make a misteak...lol. I know you see the humor there!

      Delete
  5. Very pretty. Good choice of DSP and layers. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty watercoloring. It's a nice card.
    Lia DT CYHTP

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Love the ocean scene you've created! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful peaceful scene!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D and Can You Handle The Pressure!
    Diane DD and CYHTP Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and I think you are right. A day at the ocean is a day to remember. Thanks for linking up with us at Double D Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just wanted to pop over to congratulate you on your win at Double D challenges with this lovely card! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carrie. I didn't know I had won! Appreciate you!!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...