Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Stampin' Up! Dainty Delight Butterflies

Happy Wednesday folks! I'm going to dive right in and show you my card!!

I've decided to enter my card today in the Allsorts Challenge Week 737. Sounds like an airplane, doesn't it? Well, my card is taking flight due to their mood board with a butterfly.

 

Why did I pick the colors I picked? Well, because of Color My Heart Color Dare: Dolor Dare #557!



AND, last but not least, because I used the retired Butterfly Brilliance Dies from SU, I am entering the Happy Little Stampers: ATG with Dies challenge.

My card base is Azure Afternoon Cardstock with a mat of Craft Consortium Ink Drops 12" x 12" patterned paper, which I got through Amazon. I ran it through my embossing machine with the Painted Textures 3D EF. I cut the butterfly out of retired Black Glimmer Paper.

I used the Double Oval Punch for the Black Glimmer mat and Azure Afternoon sentiment piece. The "Celebrate You" is from the Dainty Delight Stamp Set.

For the inside...

See, I told you I was on a Washi Tape kick! I borrowed these tapes from one of our card group gals. I cut another Black Glimmer butterfly and used sentiments from Dainty Delight and Lighting the Way Stamp Sets.  Isn't that Washi gorgeous?

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed my card. I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop.



24 comments:

  1. Those papers are stunning! Great way to highlight your butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, one card is as pretty of the other... love the background on the first and love the idea of the washi tape and gold on the second card. Both beautiful cards. Thanks for sharing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card Karen! Love the colors and the die cut butterflies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love that metallic-y look of the card front! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary....almost like Kintsugi!

      Delete
  5. Love this so much - that paper is amazing, isn't it? Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pretty Butterfly card, many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A wonderful card inside and out. The paper has an amazing effect and wonderful washi tape too, all makes for a striking card. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts and for using the mood board option.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning background you created and the black and gold just pop against it. Brilliant inside and out. Thank you so much for joining the Allsorts challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your background paper is stunning! Love the sparkly butterfly. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both your cards are wonderful! I love that background on the first with the swirls of gold. Thank you for playing with us at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! Wow I love that background and so happy you kept it simple with a silhouette. Great job. Thanks for sharing at Color Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  12. A beautiful background for a lovely butterfly. I love the gold thru it, so pretty. Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Dare, I hope you can join us again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a pretty background. You choice of a black die cut butterfly is great as it really pops against the background. Thanks for joining us at Happy Little Stampers ~ Anything Goes with Dies Challenge.

    sue n.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Winter Meadow Christmas Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's tak...