Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Stampin' Up! Cup of Tea for Amy's Inkin' Krew Monthly Blog Hop

Welcome to our monthly hop. Our theme for this month is "For the Ladies/Girls" and here is what I created for it... 


I created this fun fold for a neighbor lady who loves tea and it's been awhile since we have had tea together.

Let's take a closer look, shall we?

My card base is a piece of Hues of Happiness Designer Series Paper. That has been my favorite DSP and I am sorry to see it retire at the end of the month. 

I thank Jackie Bolhuis and her husband for demonstrating this fold. It is quick and easy so give it a try! You will need a piece that is 12" x 12". It is then cut to 11 1/4" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 1", 4" and 7". I did glue the 1" flap down but it's not necessary.

I cut a square with one of the Stylish Shapes Dies out of Gorgeous Grape Cardstock and adhered it cockeyed to the front only putting liquid glue on the part that didn't hang over the edge.

Next I cut one of the tea pots out of the Tea Boutique Designer Series Paper (retiring) with a die from the Teacup Dies (retiring). I sponged the edges with Fresh Freesia Ink, which is staying for the color refresh. I adhered it to the "diamond" with liquid glue. A Fresh Freesia 3/8" Open Weave Ribbon (retiring) finished the front.

For the inside...

I cut a piece of Gorgeous Grape at 2 5/8" x 5 1/4". Next I cut a piece of Basic White (2 1/2" x 5") and stamped the sentiments and tea bag using the Cup of Tea Stamp Set (retiring), with Gorgeous Grape and Daffodil Delight Inks.

In Jackie's video she mentions being gentle when scoring the DSP. If you look closely, I must have been a little heavy handed in one spot. I will be making another one but I couldn't make it in time for this post.

Thank you for stopping by today. Clicking on the "Next" button will take you to Jaimie,  and clicking on the "Previous" button will take you to Akiko. Clicking on the individual names will take you directly to each member's post. Trust me, you're in for a treat no matter what direction you hop!

9 comments:

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...