Friday, March 3, 2023

Stampin' Up! He's All That Masculine Birthday Card for the Creative Creases Challenge #52 - Anything Goes with a Fun Fold

Welcome to another Fun Fold Friday at Creative Creases.

Here is what I created for challenge #52.

                                              
Our partnership with Double Trouble has been fun and continues through this Sunday, March 5. So, you can still enter both challenges through Sunday, then our challenge will go through March 16.

Now, back to the regularly scheduled card...

I'm not sure what you call this fun fold but it's easy!  Let me give you a few deets:

Card Base (Sahara Sand): 5 1/2" x 6 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Designer Series Paper (He's the Man): 2" x 5 1/4" (cut two); 2 3/4" x 2 3/4" different pattern
Scrap Early Espresso to cut "argyle" shapes with the All That Dies
Scrap Sahara Sand to cut frame
Scrap Very Vanilla for oval sentiment (He's All That Stamp Set) and die cut with the All That Dies
Inside:
Very Vanilla cardstock: 4" x 5 1/4"
DSP mentioned above
Stick On from He's the Man
Sentiments from Something Fancy Stamp Set

I did make a huge mistake, however. I had cut an Early Espresso mat 3" x 3" to adhere the square patterned paper to but forgot to do that. When I took the picture of the inside, the back of the patterned paper was cars in Cajun Craze. So, rather than try to remove it from the front of the card, I cut a piece of the BBQ paper and adhered it to the tell-tale portion. Hope that makes sense.

When I cut the "argyles", I used adhesive back sheets instead of liquid glue. That allowed me to use the little cut outs in the corners.


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you will create your own fun fold and enter it in the challenges. The Double Trouble team, Debbie, Rae and I would love to see your creations! Have a blessed weekend.

4 comments:

  1. Great card Karen! Love the layout and the designer paper that you've used is perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this masculine card, Karen! I always have problems making them and will CASE this one, for sure. Your fix makes total sense and it gives a little more support, which is always good, in my opinion. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cows for the Creative Creases Challenge #81 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at Creative Creases Challenge before, what are you waiting...