Saturday, December 3, 2022

Stampin' Up! Ornamental Pine Chalkboard Christmas Card

Good Saturday morning, peeps! My two Christmas parties yesterday were so much fun! I'm off to another one this morning. It's a mug party where you bring your own mug, breakfast is served and we decorate a tree with ornaments for the guests of honor to take home as they lost all their trimmings in the flood surge during Ian.

My card technique today was inspired by my friend, teammate and upline, Mary Deatherage. She used the Merriest Moments for her chalkboard card. Here's mine using the retired Ornamental Pine Stamp Set. 



My card base is Cherry Cobbler Cardstock (8 1/2" x 5 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"). The Silver Foil mat is 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" and the Basic Black art panel is 3 3/4" x 5". I used Craft White Ink to stamp the pine branches, cones and sentiment. I added three retired Silver Metallic Pearls.

For the inside, I cut a piece of Silver Foil (3 3/4" x 5 1/8"), a piece of Basic Black Cardstock (3 1/2" x 4 7/8") and used the cut out Deckled Rectangle from the card I posted yesterday. I stamped it in VersaMark Ink, sprinkled it with Silver Embossing Powder and heat set it. Unfortunately, the sentiment got a little messy but it's going to someone who loves me and knows what can happen with a handmade card!


I'm entering my card in the Time Out Challenge #228.


Thank you for stopping by today and have a blessed weekend.



5 comments:

  1. What a lovely idea to replenish your friends' ornaments..and a good excuse for a party! Your chalkboard technique is very pretty too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. It was a marvelous time of tears but mostly laughter. Thanks for liking my chalkboard!

      Delete
  2. Pretty card Karen! Love the pine bough images on the black background! Fun party too, hope that they got lots of ornaments! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Amy. They got lots of unique ornaments and they were so happy.

      Delete
  3. What a stunning card! I love the monochrome, modern look.Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...