Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Stampin' Up! Wonderful World Thank You Card

I was inspired by Lisa Freeman for my card today. There are a lot of  You Tube videos out there for the Stack, Cut & Shuffle technique but hers is the one I decided to CASE. Thank you, Lisa! I'm entering my card in the Make It Feminine Challenge at Try It On Tuesday.


First thing on my agenda was to choose my DSP. I needed four pieces 4" x 5 1/4"  and arranged them in a stack to cut per the template below. (Tip: a guillotine works the best for cutting through 4 pieces!) I chose the Wonderful World Designer Series Paper. It's free, as is the Wonderful World Stamp Set, with a purchase of $100 before s/h during the  1 July - 31 August Sale-A-Bration promotion.

I also needed to pick the color of my base. I cut two pieces of 8 1/2" x 11" Blackberry Bliss cardstock in half at 4 1/4" and scored at 5 1/2". I didn't fold and burnish the bases until all the pieces of DSP were adhered. 


This card is not matted, but I did make one that does have a mat. That's why you see the second set of measurements on this template. I have a photo of the template for that but I haven't found it yet! I'll post it when I post the matted card...probably tomorrow.

To arrive at the placement of the cut pieces, I just laid them out in the order they were cut in stacks, left the first stack alone but shuffled the top piece of the second stack to the back of the pile. For the third stack, I shuffled the top two pieces one at a time to the back. and for the fourth stack, I shuffled the top three pieces one at a time to the back. 

Next I took the top piece of each stack and laid them out on each base per the template to be sure I really liked the patterns the way they came out. Once I was pleased, I adhered them with liquid glue, leaving a 1/8" border.

I used a sentiment from the Go To Greetings Stamp Set. It's stamped in Blackberry Bliss ink on a scrap of Basic White, punched with the Banners Pick A Punch and sponged with BB ink. I adhered it to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals and adhered a double loop Linen Thread bow. I also added a Fresh Freesia Fun Flower Resin Shape to the sentiment.

The inside is finished with a strip of the DSP and stamped with the rose from the Wonderful World Stamp Set. I mounted the stamp on my Stamparatus and colored each part separately with my Fresh Freesia and Old Olive ink pads and sponge daubers. I had a smudge on the stem so I created thorns...lol.

Let me know if you give this a try. It's such a quick and easy way to make a number of cards assembly line fashion AND use up that patterned paper that we all love to hoard!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a very enjoyable Tuesday. See you tomorrow...I hope!

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

8 comments:

  1. Nice card! The paper is really beautifull. Bye Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this idea! I can't wait to play with some papers myself! TFS, especially the measurements!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. You're welcome. Can't wait to see what you create!

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty card, Karen! I have made these cards in the past, especially for holiday cards. It's such a great way to use up scraps of paper, too! The measurements are appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie. I must make some for holidays.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mia, for your comment on behalf of TIOT.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...