Friday, June 3, 2022

Stampin' Up! Wax Paper Spanner Card

It's Friday Fun Fold card day and I CASE'd my own card from yesterday. Without further ado...


I used the 3D Fern Embossing Folder, a piece of glossy photo paper and a piece of wax paper for the center. If you don't know about this technique, there are many videos on You Tube but let me tell you how I did it because I wanted to achieve a different look.

Cut your waxed paper at 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and place it in the EF along with a 4" x 6" piece of glossy cardstock or photo paper (glossy side up against the wax paper) and run it through your die cutting/embossing machine. Heat a dry iron to the highest heat. On a heat safe surface (I used a doubled linen towel) place the embossed glossy paper and wax paper between a folded sheet of copy paper Iron evenly for about 30 to 45 seconds. Turn off your iron, remove the copy paper. Then sponge the glossy paper and throw away the wax paper or save it for another technique of inking and spritzing. I wiped the glossy piece down with a paper towel for the wax resist, thus getting whiter ferns.

The designer series paper that I used is the Host Design a Daydream package (48 sheets)  and it's free with $180 order or $18 with a $150 order

My card base is Gorgeous Grape Cardstock. For the flower, I stamped the rose from the Happiness Abounds Stamp Set on a piece of Hues of Happiness DSP using VersaMark Ink. Then I heat embossed it with White Emboss Powder and cut it out with a die from the Blossoming Happiness Dies. The Happy Birthday is cut with a die from the retired Birthday Chick Dies. 

For the inside...


I used the same DSP and same measurements as the front. I cut a piece of Basic White 2 3/4" x 4", sponged it with Fresh Freesia Ink and adhered two balloons that were in my stash.


Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a very enjoyable weekend. I'll be doing my virtual dinner with my daughter and family tonight. We're making kielbasa with tortellini in our Instant Pots!


6 comments:

  1. Oh this is a fun fold for sure Karen! It's gorgeous!

    Thank you or playing along with us at Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kelly, for commenting on behalf of CK.

      Delete
  2. What a great fun fold card, Karen! I haven't made one of these in a while - thanks for reminding me to get it on my list to make. The papers you used are so pretty! Definitely a birthday card that anyone would enjoy. Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing technique and your fun fold is fabulous and I love color. so glad you joined us at Creative Knockouts! (apologies for my late comment)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...