Monday, June 6, 2022

Stampin' Up! Brewed for You Birthday

Welcome to my Monday Morning Masculine card post. It's also a fun fold day. I do love my fun folds! The Diamond Flip card was inspired by Cindy Lee B. I do believe she lives just up the road from me!

My card base is Sahara Sand Cardstock 4 1/4" x 11", scored at 2 1/8" and 5 1/2". 

On the inside right I have a Basic Black mat that measures 5 1/4" x 4". I had some old paper (Birch) from Office Max that I cut to 5" x 3 3/4" for the image, sentiment, bubbles and hop to rest on. I stamped the growler with Early Espresso Ink (same for the sentiment and bubbles) and colored it with my Bronze Stampin' Blends. The hop and leaves are cut with the Brewed Dies. I used Old Olive Cardstock for the leaves and Parakeet Party for the hop. I added a little Old Olive to the hop with my Stamp N Write Marker and colored in the openings with my Light Old Olive Stampin' Blends, trying to achieve the look of a real hop!

On the inside left, I adhered another piece of He's the Man DSP (3 1/8" x 4") with liquid glue. The "Cheers to all your Years" circle is a cut out from He's the Man. I love this paper package. If you hate making masculine cards, this paper will help you fall in love!

For the outer part of the card, I made a mark 2 1/8" down from the top and cut from that mark to the score line on either side. For the diamond part, I cut a piece of Soft Succulent Cardstock 2 7/8" x 2 7/8" and adhered the left side to the fold, leaving a border. Next I cut another piece of DSP from He's the Man 2 5/8" x 2 5/8" and ran it through my cutting machine with the Dots & Spots Dies. I adhered that with liquid glue, sparingly!

I cut a piece of Designer Series Paper from He's the Man at 3" x 4". I also cut a strip of Soft Succulent Cardstock 3/4" x 4" and stamped it with another sentiment from the Brewed for You Stamp Set still using Early Espresso Ink. I adhered it to the back edge of my DSP and then cut the DSP right edge so that the joined pieces would measure 3 1/8" across and adhered it to the front.

This card is for my son-in-love and he does like Guinness beer so I tried to achieve that look with the Brewed Dies, Light and Dark Soft Suede Stampin' Blends and Light Smoky Slate Blends. I adhered the right one with liquid glue and the left one with Stampin' Dimensionals. The foam is also a cut from the Brewed Dies. I sponged the foam lightly with Soft Suede Ink.

I'm entering my card in The Paper Players theme challenge chosen by Anne Marie...


at Make the Cards Challenge #56


and at As You See It Challenge #276 - Here's to Beverages!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope to see you again on Thursday for our weekly hop.

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

19 comments:

  1. Very cool....I am loving that Dots & Spots die...might have to toss that in my cart on my next shopping trip, LOL! Great way to use all the papers and elements!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card, Karen! I totally missed that little hops die in that set - brilliant! I'm loving this DSP, too, and it looks awesome on this fun fold! Thanks so much for playing at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Heather, for commenting on behalf of AYSI.

      Delete
  3. That's awesome Karen! Love the design, perfect way to use that cool paper! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, what a stunner Karen! This is a fold I haven't seen before - and I think I'll have to track it down and give it a whirl myself, plus you've showed off that Dots and Spots die so well! I'd kind of overlooked it before now. All round, you card shouts out that it is both stylish and masculine. Thanks so much for joining in with us again at As You See It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan, for visiting and commenting on behalf of AYSI.

      Delete
  5. Karen, this is such an eye-catching masculine design. I really like what you accomplished with the Dots & Spots die on the DSP and your colouring is really masterful! Of course, the fun fold really steals the show! Thanks for getting into our theme at As You See It Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heather, you are most kind and thank you for such a nice comment on behalf of AYSI.

      Delete
  6. What a great fun fold card, Karen! I need to play around with this fold as well. This bundle is really popular - I'm sure your son-in-law will love it. Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card and I love that you used a fun fold. Your stout looks good enough to drink and I love that sentiment! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a "Hoppy" card, Karen! Awesome fun fold and I love that dotted background behind your focal image. You just added that die to my next order. Thanks so much for joining us the week over at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Anne Marie, for commenting on behalf of the Paper Players.

      Delete
  9. What a great card! I am in awe of the folds (I am a basic one fold kind of gal!) and adore the dots and spots die (which I want in the worst way). Beautifully put together with lots of elements to make this card pop or should I say hop(s)? Thanks for joining us at As You See It!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jane, you are too punny! Thank you for commenting on behalf of AYSI.

      Delete
  10. Such a cool card, Karen! Love this fold! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...