Friday, March 18, 2022

Stampin' Up! Waves of the Ocean Happy Birthday Card

 TGIF, peeps! Are you going to the beach this weekend? Let me get you ready...


Well, you can't see too much of the waves on the front, but look at the inside!

Surf's up! This is another card we made during our Inkin' Krew Quarterly Meeting. Jillian Good did the presentation and did a marvelous job with no camera, only her phone! I went rogue with my card!!

On the front, we embossed a panel of Basic White with the Seashells 3D Embossing Folder. With Black Mini Dimensionals, I adhered three strips of Waves of the Ocean DSP to three strips of the Blue Foil Specialty Paper. They are adhered to the embossed panel with liquid glue and then the panel to the card base also with liquid glue.

I stamped the sentiment from the Happiest of Birthdays Stamp Set on Basic White in Misty Moonlight Ink and cut it out with a die from the Scalloped Contours Dies. That is adhered to the card front with liquid glue.

I used the wave and sentiment from the Waves of Inspiration Stamp Set to stamp on a panel of Basic White for the inside. I used Pacific Point ink, stamped off once. I cut it out with the largest scalloped die and adhered it to a mat of Pacific Point cardstock and that to the card base with liquid glue.

The embellishments I used on the front and on the inside are the Rhinestone Waves Basic Jewels.

I'd like to enter my card at Festive Friday Challenge #FF0105. I used Celebratory Sentiment, Rhinestones, and Layers.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed my card. If you would like to make this card, the measurements are listed below.

Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"
Basic White: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" for embossed panel; 4 1/2" x 5 1/2" to cut out scalloped panel; scrap for sentiment
DSP: 1" x 4 1/4" (3)
Blue Foil: 1 1/4" x 4 3/8" (3)
Pacific Point: 4" x 5 1/4"

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

14 comments:

  1. Cool! You had me at BLUE!!! I love how you did the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful in blue, Karen! I love the embossing. And the inside is just as pretty as the outside! Such a striking card that anyone would relish receiving on their birthday. Thank you for sharing at Festive Friday. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! Love the layers and the embossing is perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beautiful ocean themed card. Those papers are gorgeous, as is the image on the inside. The embossing is the perfect touch. Thanks for playing with us at Festive Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stephanie, for commenting on behalf of FF.

      Delete
  5. Great card. I wish I was heading off to the sea now. Thank you for linking to the Festive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Helen, for your comment on behalf of FFC.

      Delete
  6. What a great card. The inside is amazing as well I really need to get better at decorating the inside. Thanks for joining us on the FEstive Friday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Diane, for commenting on behalf of FFC.

      Delete
  7. Karen, I love your use of this DSP and the big bold sentiment and how you tied it to the stamped element on the inside. Fabulous card. So glad you shared this with us at Festive Friday this week
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaydee, thank you so much for commenting on behalf of FF.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...