Saturday, March 26, 2022

Stampin' Up! Flowering Rain Boots Friendship Z Fold

Good Saturday morning, peeps! I just love fun folds, don't you? This one is a Z fold and if you are following me, you'll notice I'm trying to use up my In Good Taste Designer Series Paper! In the making of this card, I was inspired by Laura Neumann.


My card base is retired Powder Pink Cardstock. As I mentioned above, the DSP panels are from the In Good Taste DSP. I used Basic White scraps for my sentiments. The inks I used are Powder Pink (retired), Pear Pizzazz and Sahara Sand.

Card Cuts:

Powder Pink: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded on the long side at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4" (creating a ziz zag, a/k/a Z fold); 3 1/8" x 7/8" (mat for sentiment on front)

Basic White: 3" x 3/4" sentiment on front; 1 3/4" x 1 1/4" inside sentiment; scrap for tulip, stem/leaves and boots

Instructions:

1. Stamp on Basic White scrap:

  • boots with Sahara Sand
  • tulips with Powder Pink
  • stems with Pear Pizzazz
  • Cut out with dies and adhere to each other with liquid glue

2. Stamp "Rain or Shine" with Sahara Sand Ink on the Basic White 3 x 3/4" and     adhere to the Powder Pink mat.

3. Adhere the In Good Taste DSP to the folds and card base with liquid glue. 

4. Adhere front sentiment and boots to the front fold with glue. Only put glue on     the edge that will attach to the fold or your card will be sealed shut...lol! Ask         me how I know!!

5. Stamp the inside sentiment on the 1 3/4" x 1 1/4" Basic White Piece in Sahara     Sand Ink.  Making sure the inside sentiment doesn't show when the card is         closed, adhere it to the card base with liquid glue.

I'm entering my card in these challenges:
The Card Concept #171 - Inspiration Photo (I was inspired by the boots, once again, and the flowers. The style is Clean and Simple.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed this easy and quick card.

24 comments:

  1. Super cute! I just love these boots, in any color, any way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. I demonstrated these and hope to get a sale!

      Delete
  2. Such a charming Z-fold. I wish I had some boots for my gardening! Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dena, for commenting on behalf of Allsorts.

      Delete
  3. Pretty card Karen! Love those rain boots! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. Me too and I have you to thank for them!

      Delete
  4. A very pretty Spring card, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts 'In the Garden' theme.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Brenda, for your comment on behalf of Allsorts.

      Delete
  5. Beautiful colour tones and floral image,thank you for joining in with us at the Alphabet Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Meg, for commenting on behalf of TAC.

      Delete
  6. So beautifully done, love the rain boots with tulips stamp and a great card fold. It's been a while since I've done a Z-fold might have to do so soon! Thanks so much for the inspiration and for linking up with us at Allsorts challenge "in the garden" this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ellibelle, for your comment on behalf of Allsorts.

      Delete
  7. A lovely image and card. Thank you for joining in our challenge at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - this is so pretty! I love the DSP you chose with the sweet rain boots. And the fold is so fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love a fun fold Karen :) Very sweet card, great use of that DSP. Thank you for joining us at The Card Concepts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karen, for commenting on behalf of TCC.

      Delete
  10. Oh, Karen, I just love this pretty card! Tulips are my favorite!! Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty! Thank you for sharing with us at CAS on Friday! Valérie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A z fold. What an inspirational take on our challenge. Fantastic. Thanks for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge. Love Dawn x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn. I have zig zag stamps but I preferred a zig zag fold :-)

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...