Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Stampin' Up! Expressions in Ink Metallic Thank You Card

Happy Tuesday, peeps! My friend, Susan, and I got together to try our hand at foiling. What a mess we had on our hands. Both our laminators jammed. Sue was quite successful in getting both unjammed and we found that using copy paper as the "envelope" was better than using parchment paper. I salvaged part of my foiling from the fiasco and here are foiled butterflies...


The camera only picked up the beauty of the foil in the first strip. My mat is the retired Dazzling Diamonds DSP. My butterfly was one I found in my stash cut out of retired Gold Glimmer Paper using retired Butterfly Thinlits. I also used strips of Expressions of Ink Specialty DSP that I had left over from an upcoming card.

I cut a 3/4" strip of Basic White cardstock and stippled it and edged it with Evening Evergreen Ink. I used the retired Vertical Greetings Stamp Set for my "thank you". I made the banner end with the Pick a Banner Punch and adhered two different sized Brushed Brass Butterflies.

For the inside, I used the retired Good Morning Magnolia Stamp Set for the sentiment and the butterfly is from the retired Butterfly Basics Stamp Set. The corners were punched with the Detailed Trio Punch. The ink and mat color is Soft Succulent.


I'd like to enter my card in these challenges:

Hand Stamped Sentiments #385 with their beautiful inspiration board. I was inspired by the butterflies and the wonderful green colors.

Retro Rubber #178 Anything Goes as all the stamps I used are over a year old. Vertical Greetings I know goes back to 2017 and Butterfly Basics back to 2015.


22 comments:

  1. So pretty, Karen - so happy to see that chunky sparkly paper! The foiled butterflies are amazing! Thanks so much for playing at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather, for commenting on behalf of HSS.

      Delete
  2. Ah ha, and brilliant choices for us at Retro Rubber, too! The butterfly set is timeless! Thanks so much for playing at Retro Rubber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again, Heather, for your comment on behalf of RR.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for shopping your stash and playing along with our "spread you wings" challenge over at SOS!! A beautiful creation!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, DJ, for commenting on behalf of SOS.

      Delete
  4. So much pretty sparkle! Love the butterflies too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Foiling"....the mere word strikes fear and trembling in my soul! Good for you to try it out! Your butterfly is beautiful and I'm sure you'll master it and create some more beauties in the future! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card has so much sparkle and shine and I love it! It sounds like it was a lot of fun creating and I think a lot of laughs were had! I am so glad that the butterflies and the greens inspired you to create this beautiful work of art! Thanks for playing with HSS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patti, for commenting on behalf of HSS.

      Delete
  7. Sounds messy but the effect is very pretty with lots of interest in the colour tones. Great way to layer them up too. Will you have another go? Thanks for Shopping your Stash with us this time. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Alison. Yes, I'm having another go at it March 31! Stay tuned!!

      Delete
  8. So pretty! Would have been fun to see the craft room all awash in Gold Foil! Glad you got it worked out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job in using foiling to create a beautiful butterfly card! I'm so glad you were inspired to join us at Hand Stamped Sentiments,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Genevieve, for your comment on behalf of HSS.

      Delete
  10. I'm all about sparkle, so of course your card caught my eye! Thanks for playing along with us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny, for commenting on behalf of HSS.

      Delete
  11. Green is such a fresh spring color. Love how you used it with the added spakle of the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at HSS. Cheers, Jolanda - DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jolanda. I enjoy seeing your cards come thru my mail box everyday!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...