Sunday, February 27, 2022

Stampin' Up! A Grand Kid Birthday Card

 Good Sunday morning, peeps!

So, yesterday I posted a birthday card for a young man who is just turning...


can you see it? Yes, 6!!!! and he is going on 21...lol. He is quite the boy and loves his Legos. Thank you, Heather Forgan, for sharing your talent! You can see her card here. I'm entering my card at the Creative Crafting Uncles #26 - Numbers Challenge.

This card takes a lot of patience and time! If you'd like to try your hand at it, here ya go...

  • Thick Basic White cardstock 10" x 7", scored and folded on the long side at 5"
  • Pacific Point, Poppy Parade, Coastal Cabana, Granny Apple Green, Crushed Curry cardstock scraps
  • Small blocks are 1 1/4" x 1 1/4" and larger ones are 1 3/4" x 1 1/4"
  • Circles on the blocks are punched with a 1/2" punch

It's important not to try to take a short cut by not sponging the edges of the blocks or the circles...ask me how I know! The sponging gives the card texture. So, every piece is sponged with the same color ink as the cardstock. The white highlight is created with a White Gel pen before adhering with a mini Stampin' Dimensional. I'm playing at Just Add Ink #592...Choose Two and I have chosen texture and layers.


Then you just do a dry fit to see how you want your pieces to lay so that it forms a 6 or whatever number you need.

The "Happy Birthday" is from the Special Moments Stamp Set (Sale-A-Bration) and the other sentiment is from the A Grand Kid Stamp Set (Annual Catalog).

The inside is plain and simple...


again, using the A Grand Kid stamp set, a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock and Pacific Point ink.

I'm also entering my card at As You Like It Challenge - Favorite Occasion and Why. My favorite occasion is creating a card for a child because they are always so excited to see their card, present, eat cake and ice cream, and still love to play pin the tail on the donkey!

Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed the card. Let me know if you make it!

Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

10 comments:

  1. That's really cute! Love the lego look design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool card, I love the colors and you've done your Legos proud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my - the way you made the legos is genius! Love it, Karen! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a fun card - and perfect for a Lego lover! Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chantell, for commenting on behalf of JAI.

      Delete
  5. Fabulous card for a lego fan! Thanks for joining us at the As you like it challenge.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Larissa, for your comment on behalf of AYLI.

      Delete
  6. An awesome Lego number 6 project, Karen. A great 'Texture' & 'Layers' for the JAI Just Choose Two Challenge. D x

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Painted Lavender Friendship Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... I took a litt...