Tuesday, January 11, 2022

Stampin' Up Pansy Patch Birthday Card

Good Tuesday morning, peeps! I decided today to give a forgotten "bundle" and DSP a chance to breathe from under the dust...lol!! So, I present to you the Pansy Patch Stamp Set, Pansy Dies and Pansy Petals Designer Series Paper.


My card base is Fresh Freesia Cardstock (5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"), with a mat 5 1/4" x 4" cut from an Ombre Gift Bag. I cut a panel of Pansy Petals DSP with a die from the Scalloped Contours Dies. I die cut two pansies from the DSP with the Pansy Dies and punched a Soft Succulent Cardstock sprig with the Sprig Punch. I adhered the sprig and large pansy with liquid glue and the smaller pansy with a Dimensional.

I stamped the sentiment from the Pansy Patch Stamp Set with Gorgeous Grape Ink. Easy peasy!

The inside is simple too...


I stamped the "happy birthday" from the Pansy Patch set in Gorgeous Grape and adhered another pansy I had die cut. I punched three corners with the Detailed Trio Punch and adhered the panel to the card base with liquid glue.

I'm entering my card at SUO Challenge 292 - Designer's Choice, Shopping Our Stash Weekly Challenge SOS 461 - Something Starting with "S" (mine is Scalloped Contours Dies) and because my card is monochromatic with the exception of the one sprig and flower centers, I'm playing in The Flower Challenge #64. (I hope they are forgiving!)


I hope you'll stop by and give the challenge sites a little love! Thanks for stopping by to view my card and I hope you like it. Thank you for your inspiration, Jill Chapman and Gez Carpenter!


16 comments:

  1. Love this, Karen! It's so funny, I was just looking at this bundle yesterday and thinking that I need to give this cutie some ink-support soon, lol. Love the DSP flowers, and that buffalo check is perfect! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That paper is too pretty to be gathering dust! I really like the stitching and the way you've decorated the inside. I always forget to do that. A really pretty card that someone's gonna love. Thanks for joining us at Shopping our Stash. Alison DT x

    ReplyDelete
  3. S is for scalloped dies!! Very creative!! Beautiful spring time card!! Thanks for playing along with our "something that begins with S" challenge over at SOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card here Karen! yes it qualifies for us, small bits of green for leaves and other tiny bits of colour are always allowed in our colour challenges ;) Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Viv, for commenting on behalf of The Flower Challenge.

      Delete
  5. This is just so pretty Karen, love the colour and design. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge DT Aileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love purples ... so glad you shared your *S* creation with us at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Stef, for your comment on behalf of SOS.

      Delete
  7. Oh wow Karen I'm so glad you decided to blow away the dust and use this forgotten bundle. I love the pansies and have to say you've given me the inspiration to also get this bundle out and play with it again. Thanks for taking part in the Suochallenge hope to see you on the next one x Natalie Arnold

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pansies and Purple two of my favourite things, beautiful card. Thanks for playing along with us at Shopping Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the simplicity of this and how you let the DSP work for you. Thank you so much for joining us at SUOChallenges.com and we look forward to having you back again tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your sweet pansy card, Karen! That gingham pattern is the perfect background for your flowers. Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges, hope to see you in the gallery for our next challenge starting today!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...