Friday, January 28, 2022

Stampin' Up! Last a Lifetime Wedding Card

Today I created my card with the foiling technique. I hadn't done it in awhile and I came across my supplies when I was searching for some missing items.

I’m using the Unity  Butterfly Fly Away Toner Card Fronts and Gold Shattered Glass Deco Foil. I used Stampin' Up! Last a Lifetime Stamp Set for the sentiments.

The Toner Card Fronts are perfect for easy cards. I blended on some color with Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks and then did the foiling. I love that the butterfly toner images are printed on cardstock. You can do so much with them to make your cards sparkle and shine. I was disappointed after I completed the process that my sponging didn't show like it did before the foiling process. I need to search out some videos to show me how to do this properly. Plus the foil is flaking off. Perhaps I am missing a step or there is another reason. BUT, don't you love how it sparkles?

I cut a gold foil frame with one of my Stitched Rectangles Dies. I used my trimmer to cut the toner card front. I used the Ornate Frames Dies to cut out my sentiment and adhered it with Stampin' Dimensionals. My card base is Basic Black cardstock. It has enough glimmer to it so I didn't think I needed to add any embellishments.

The inside is simple...

I adhered a gold mat for my Very Vanilla sentiment panel. I punched the corners with my Detailed Trio Punch. I stamped the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink but it just looked too "blah". So, I ran the panel through my embossing machine with the Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder. I'm now wondering how it will be trying to write on it when the time comes. Probably a felt-tip writer will work the best. If you have any ideas, let me know.


Thanks for stopping by today and I hope you are heading into a great weekend. If you are living in the northeast, may the blizzard be kind to you.

5 comments:

  1. I've never tried ANYTHING with gold foil or toner or whatever it is! I guess I am scared, LOL! But it is very pretty and I am sure the recipient will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Karen! Love the gold foiling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty and sparkly - a perfect anniversary card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All that sparkle...Love it. Thanks for sharing with us at Use your Stuff

    ReplyDelete
  5. A gorgeous card. Love the gold paper.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies for the Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!!  The participating demonstrators are listed at the end...