Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Stampin' Up! Sweet Little Stockings Paramedic Gift Card Holder

Good Tuesday morning, peeps! I would have thought at least one of my Yahoo banners would have mentioned that today is National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day but no, so I will. Perhaps this is another piece of history people want to erase but it is a day that will "remain in infamy". Let us remember the lives of people that were taken that day and the families they left behind. They were servants of their country. The servants in the medical field are the ones for whom I made this gift card holder. I was commissioned to make six holders for our community to give gift cards to the men and women in our local EMS who are not able to be home for Christmas dinner. It allows them to have a meal prepared by Publix (our local grocery store).

I used Rachael Coon's design for this one but I made changes in the paper and theme. Here's the front...


My card base is Night of Navy with a mat of Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper. Measurements are listed below.

The accordion portion of the holder ...


The accordion base is Night of Navy with patterned papers from the same DSP. The sentiment is from the Sweet Little Stockings Stamp Set. It's stamped in Night of Navy ink on Basic White and sponged with Misty Moonlight ink. I cut it out with a die from the Stitched So Sweetly Dies and cut off the top and bottom to mimic each other so as not to cover up the beautiful DSP. The Santa hat was cut out with the Sweet Stocking Dies and colored with Misty Moonlight Stampin' Blends. I adhered the sentiment and hat with Dimensionals.

The gift card holder portion is Misty Moonlight cardstock and a piece of paper from the Reminisce pack. You can see this patient has a broken clavicle, which results in this...


This is a sticker from the Reminisce pack. All the gift cards will be different and I have until the 21st to get them made. So far, I have no ideas for the other two emergency medical teams but I do have ideas for the firefighters. If you have any ideas, I'd appreciate it if you'd email me or leave your suggestion in a comment. TIA (not a transient ischemic attack!) but "thank you in advance"!

I'm entering my creation at:
Watercooler Wednesday WWC330 Heidi's Challenge: All About Occasions


Thanks for stopping by today.

Beauty of the Earth DSP (I chose the two blues)

Reminisce Scrapbook Kit

Measurements:
Base: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"
Accordion: 4 1/4" x 9 3/4", scored and folded at 3 1/4" and 6 1/2"
DSP: 4" x 3" (3)
Gift Card piece: 4" x 2"
Scrap Basic White for sentiment


11 comments:

  1. Super cute card! Thanks for playing along with us at Christmas Craft Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun fold gift card holder. SUPER great cause!! And I love how you've used the medical pics to personalize it for them! Amazing! We'll never forget. Forgive? Yes. Forget? Nope. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Mary. Tomorrow and Thursday will be two more! You're right. We have to forgive even though it's not easy. Forgetting is not in the picture.

      Delete
  3. What a cool thing to do! Love the gift card holder design. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. Our community REALLY appreciates EMS. They run calls to this over 55 community on a regular basis!

      Delete
  4. Such a wonderful fun fold card for a truly great cause! I really love how you added the x-ray! Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great monochromatic blue card Karen. I wish you luck with ideas for your remaining cards. Thank you for entering the Things with Wings Challenge at CHNC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely idea, and your gorgeous card is perfect for carrying the gift cards. I'm sure they will be appreciated.
    Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing with us at ABC Christmas Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol, for commenting on behalf of ABC.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...