Friday, December 17, 2021

Stampin' Up! Eden's Garden Retirement Fun Fold Card

I have a couple of friends who are retiring and I wanted their cards to be totally different. My first one is here. So, for today I used the Nature's Harvest Stamp Set for the sentiment on the front and the Eden's Garden Stamp Set for the sentiment and images on the inside.



My card base is Old Olive cardstock, cut at 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4". I cut a panel of the upcoming Sale-A-Bration DSP, Daffodil Afternoon, 4" x 5 1/4".

Next cut the opposite side of that DSP to a 5 1/2" x 5 1/2" square. I scored it at 1", 1 1/2", 2 1/2", 3", 4" and 4 1/2".  Take and fold your DSP so that the part you want on top is the 1" and the bottom fold is the 1", folding it like an accordion or fan. Unfold it and (this part is important...ask me how I know...it's only paper, right?) lay it on your trimmer and cut perpendicular to the folds from the bottom right corner and angling your top right corner off to the edge of your trimmer (about 1 1/2") in order to cut on a diagonal. 

Take your paper snips and cut into the center of the top 1" fold up to the next 1/2" fold. Fold it back up again so it's pleated and bend back each side of where you cut to the 1/2" fold. Adhere your curtain to your DSP mat with Tear & Tape Adhesive. I only used it on the top and side.

Create your bow (I used Old Olive/Pretty Peacock 3/8" Reversible Ribbon) and attach it to your curtain with Tear & Tape. Stamp your sentiment directly on the DSP panel and adhere it to your card base.

For the inside, cut a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock (4" x 5 1/4") and stamped the images from Eden's Garden in the two corners and the sentiment in the middle. I used Pear Pizzazz ink and Old Olive ink.

I'm entering my card at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper December 2021 Challenge and Creative Creases #21 - Anything Goes with a Fun Fold

The fun fold is one I saw at Beth's Paper Cuts on You Tube. 

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you are heading into a fun weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Oh, Karen, this card is just beautiful! I really love that paper. Your fold is so cool! I need to check that out and follow your directions so I don't mess it up! Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie. I can't wait to see what you create.

      Delete
  2. Pretty drapery fold card! Love the designer paper that you used! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card! That fold is perfect for showing off this gorgeous paper! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...