Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Stampin' Up! Sailing Home Masculine Encouragement Card

Mid week again, folks! Seriously, it's November 24 already? Hope you have a fun day planned tomorrow. I am thankful for so many things and I'm sure you are too. There's a lot to be said about gratitude. It sure beats grumbling!!

My card today is for the gentleman who lost his wife in September. I bumped into him Monday and he thanked me profusely for the card I sent him, along with my thoughts. So, I felt led to create this card for him using the Sailing Home Stamp Set.


I was inspired by three challenges: Try Stampin' On Tuesday: Challenge 533 who is partnering with Double Trouble Paper Crafting 97B

Thing 1:  Trouble Maker 
says, "My fur baby, Cleo, and I love to play Peek-a-boo,  I see you!  Click on this short video for some cute ideas to create a peek-a-boo theme and/or use our Design Team projects as inspiration.  This can be anything from a clean and simple card to a fun fold.   Let's see your interpretation of a Peek-a-Boo project.  

Our partner for this challenge has a great sketch you may  want to use (optional) for your Peek-a-boo project. Consider the circle in the sketch as a window... or use any shape you wish. You may also change the orientation of the sketch by rotating the sketch or using its mirror image. Surprise us with your Peek-a-boo!
 

Thing 3:  Twisted Sister 
says, "I'm still Tangled up in T's from the last challenge. So my Tricky Twist is to include Twine or any Type of ribbon, string, cord, or Tape on your project."  

This is an OPTIONAL TWIST but you will be awarded an additional chance in Double Trouble's random draw if you include this twist in your project. 









Thing 2:  Double Dare 
says, "Peek-A-Boo!"  I see you have met Trouble Maker's Peek-a-Boo theme and have used the TSOT Sketch #533 above, you can Enter here Try Stampin' on Tuesday Sketch #533,  I chose to change the orientation of the sketch and used a square for my Peek-a-Boo theme." 

Please note that Try Stampin' on Tuesday starts on Tuesday, November 16th. If you post your project at Double Trouble on Monday, the 15th, you are still eligible to enter your project. We are permitted to backlink for that Monday only... so be sure to visit again on Tuesday so you can post your card to the TSOT Challenge using the link provided above. 








So, my card is a Peek A Boo Slider Fun Fold and I followed the instructions by Lisa Curcio.

Here's the inside...

and what it looks like from above...

The Designer Series Paper is the retired Come Sail Away and the ship's wheel is a retired Sail Away Trinket. The Baker's Twine is current and is shown below.

For my next attempt, I'll put a frame around the windows and dress it up a little more but for a man, I wanted to keep it low key.

Thank you for stopping by today and if you have any questions, let me know in an email. You can find the email link under my profile.

"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

16 comments:

  1. Karen, what a wonderful card for your guy friend! I'm sure he appreciated it. Lisa's video tutorials are always so good, no wonder you chose to use it for your peek-a-boo card! It's perfect for both Double Trouble's challenges and Try Stampin' on Tuesday's sketch!!! Thank you for sharing your wonderful skills with us!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Donna. I appreciate your comment on behalf of the challenges.

      Delete
  2. Fantastic sympathy card you made for your friend, and love the peek-a-boo theme you created with your card... great masculine card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and TSOT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Suzanne. You know I love to share at DT!

      Delete
  3. LOVE this Karen :) Love the set, the colors, the fold and just everything about it!!! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great fancy fold design! Love that anchor image! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great fold! I love it - and this is such a pretty set - perfect for a man! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Karen! I really love this wonderful nautical fun fold card! I am sure that it will be appreciated! I will have to check out the tutorial. Thank you for playing in my Creative Creases Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Debbie, for commenting on behalf of CC.

      Delete
  7. Wow, great card! Love the DSP you've chosen and great fun fold. Thank you for joining us at TSOT! Marjolein

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marjolein for commenting on behalf of TSOT.

      Delete
  8. Your nautical fun fold is perfect for a masculine card, Karen. I am sure this will have special meaning for your friend. Thank you for playing along at both Double Trouble #97B and TSOT #533.

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...