Monday, November 29, 2021

Stampin' Up! Inspired Thoughts Thank You Card

Welcome to Monday Makeover Madness. Today I CASE'd my friend and upline, Mary Deatherage. You can see her card here. Here's mine...


My card base is Fresh Freesia Cardstock. I cut two panels of Very Vanilla (one for the front and one for the inner liner) and adhered them to the card front and the inside. Then I cut two pieces of the Wood Grain pattern from the Heart & Home Designer Series Paper (available in the January-June 2022 Mini Catalog) and adhered them to the Very Vanilla on the front and inside. Now, that was a brave thing to do, adhering the inside before I stamped on it. You might want to rethink that! Fortunately, my stamping came out perfectly, which you'll see in a moment.

Next I cut the Very Vanilla mats for two different patterns of DSP from the retired Floral Romance Specialty DSP and for the "window". Measurements for everything are listed below.

For the "window" I cut a different wood grain pattern from the upcoming Heart & Home DSP with the retired Stitched Shapes Framelits Dies (the 2 5/8" and the 2 1/8" ones). Then I adhered the window strips, from that same pattern, that I had cut with my Stampin' Trimmer. I adhered a piece of vellum from the retired Floral Romance Specialty DSP behind the window and strips. I adhered that piece to another piece of Very Vanilla cardstock and adhered that to the front with Stampin' Dimensionals.

I stamped the sentiment from the Inspired Thoughts Stamp Set on a strip of DSP with Mossy Meadow ink. I adhered the left side with liquid glue and the right side with Dimensionals.

In my stash was a button that matched the card base so I adhered that with a glue dot, made a double loop Linen Thread bow and attached that with a glue dot. Outside, fini! Now on to the inside...


I stamped the sentiment from Inspired Thoughts and the fern leaf from the Daisy Lane Stamp Set using Mossy Meadow ink.

Measurements:

Card Base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored and folded at 4 1/4"

Very Vanilla Cardstock:

  • 3 7/8" x 5 1/8" (2) for front and inner liner
  • 2 3/4" square mat behind window
  • 1 1/8" x 3 5/8" mat behind left DSP panel
  • 3 1/2" x 3 5/8" mat behind right DSP panel
Floral Romance Specialty DSP:
  • 1" x 3 1/2" left panel
  • 3 3/8" x 3 1/2" right panel
  • 2 1/2" square behind window
Heart & Home DSP:
  • 3 3/4" x 5" (2) front and inner liner
  • 2 5/8" Stitched Shapes square
  • 1/8" x 2 1/2" strips (4)
  • 1/2" x 2 1/2" sentiment
I'm playing today at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper November 2021 and Just Us Girls #612. This is their photo inspiration. I just love that farm sink with the window behind it. I had no sink to put in front of my window...lol. 

Thank you for stopping by today.

12 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love the pattern papers you used and your window design is lovely. Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls and Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa, for commenting on behalf of JUGS.

      Delete
  2. Sweet card Karen! Love the colors and the little peek-through window! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty card! May have to CASE it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the soft leaves and little peeks of pink! Thank you for the shout out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen... great CASE. Great use of your beautiful DSP. Thank you so much for joining us and sharing at Just Us Girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for commenting on behalf of JUGS.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper November challenge - I hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cutest Cow Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a sketch challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... So, you might...