Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Stampin' Up! Appreciation Card

My card today is for another staff person at my church. She helps the pastor with things he needs to do and also works to connect people into specific groups.



I started out with a Thick Basic White cardstock base. I embossed a Basic White panel 4 1/8" x 5 3/8" with the Tasteful Textures 3D Embossing Folder. Unfortunately, I forgot to stamp the sentiment first but my Stamparatus came to the rescue for that! The sentiment is from the retired Thoughtful Branches Stamp Set and is stamped with Early Espresso ink.

I cut a piece of patterned paper from the retired Perfectly Plaid 6" x 6" DSP at 4" x 5 1/4", then cut it on the diagonal. I adhered it to the card front with liquid glue. I had this leaf laying on my desk from another card I had made here. I used the reverse side and adhered it with Stampin' Dimensionals. I added a Linen Thread bow with a glue dot and 3 Rhinestone Basic Jewels.

For the inside...


I stamped the smaller sentiment from the Thoughtful Branches Stamp Set with Melon Mambo ink. The larger sentiment from the retired Happy Thoughts Stamp Set is stamped with Early Espresso ink. I adhered a 5 1/2" x 1/2" strip of DSP to the bottom with glue.

I'm entering my card at:

The Card Concept #162 Fall Fun - I was inspired by the plaid material in the photo and went with the Clean and Layered Style.

Watercooler Wednesday WWC327 - All Things Feminine


and Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper October 2021.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll be back tomorrow for our weekly Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop.

16 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the angled cut on the panel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Karen! Love the leaf, perfect fall colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karen! This is so pretty and I love that plaid paper and gorgeous leaf. The sentiments inside and out are just perfect.

    Take care my friend ~
    Jeannie T.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That leaf is gorgeous cut from that paper! Very pretty card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous and I am sure the recipient will feel so encouraged by your thoughtfulness. Thanks for playing along with us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie, for commenting on behalf of The Card Concept.

      Delete
  6. So pretty Karen. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn, for commenting on behalf of WWC.

      Delete
  7. Simply Beautiful Karen :) Love the plaid and how you cut the leaf out of the DSP. Thank you for playing along at The Card Concepts this week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karen, for commenting on behalf of TCC.

      Delete
  8. Thanks for sharing your pretty card with us at the Card Concept Challenge! I love the way you colored your leaf! It looks great with the plaid!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...