Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Stampin' Up! Spooky Cat for Amy's Inkin' Krew Monthly Team Blog Hop

 

Welcome to another Inkin’ Krew monthly blog hop! Our very talented team is doing a blog hop featuring Stampin’ Up! products. This month we are all creating projects with a “Halloween Fun" theme. I’m featuring two retired stamp sets as Halloween is not my bag and I just make one card a year for a family in Maine. The stamp sets are Spooky Cat and Graveyard Gate (from the 2017 Holiday Catalog). This is the first time I have used the Graveyard Gate set and I still haven't used the dies that go with it! See, I told you it wasn't my bag!!

My card was inspired by Christy Fulk. I will include the measurements after the list of hoppers. The card fits in an A2 envelope.

The card base is Basic Black. For the DSP, I used the Cute Halloween 6 x 6 DSP from the July-December 2021 Mini Catalog. My squares are Old Olive, Black Glitter Paper and Basic White. I stamped the witches hat and sentiment from the Spooky Cat Stamp Set with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I sponged the edges with Pumpkin Pie ink. The bat is from the Graveyard Gate Stamp Set. Before I adhered the Black Glitter paper to the Old Olive square, I punched a cat out of the center. Using another piece of Glitter Paper, I punched another cat using the Cat Punch in the Annual Catalog, page 150. I adhered them with Stampin' Dimensionals.

For the back panel, I used stamps from Spooky Cat.

I'm entering my card in these three challenges:

Thank you for stopping by today and let's get hopping! Click on the "next" button to move forward to Mary Deatherage's project. Click on the "previous" button to move back to the project created by Jaimie Babarczy . You can also click on each name listed if you prefer.




Measurements:
Card Base 8 1/2" x 5 1/2"; score on the 8 1/2" side at 2" and 3 1/8" on each side (turn your paper to do the second time)

Side DSP panels: 1 3/4" x 5 1/4" (2)
Center DSP panel: 2" x 5 1/4"
Squares: 3 1/4" x 3"; 3 1/8" x 2 7/8";  3" x 2 3/4" (stamped square)
Back panel: 2" x 5 1/4"
Scrap Glitter for second cat




22 comments:

  1. Very cut Karen :) Love that fold and your black glimmer cats are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card! Love the designer paper that you used, fantastic fun fold design too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Karen... I love the fun fold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great use of designer paper, Karen, & I love your glittery cats. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Patrice, for commenting on behalf of JAI.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 558 also for my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper September challenge - I hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Hazel, for commenting on behalf of your challenge.

      Delete
  6. Really fun! Love the fold and the mix of DSPs. Perfect Halloween Fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you, Halloween isn't my thing either - but I do like your fancy fold and great use of papers. Great inspiration. Chantell Just Add Ink

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chantell, for your comment on behalf of JAI.

      Delete
  8. Such a cute Halloween fun fold card, Karen! I'm not into Halloween either but am pretty sure I have these stamp sets as well. LOL The black cats are my favorite! Thank you for playing with us at the Creative Creases and Double Trouble Challenge and hope you can join in again soon.
    Debbie
    Secrets To Stamping
    Join my Creative Creases Challenge for fun folds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very cool Halloween card, Karen. Thankyou for joining in with our JAI Challenge. D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Denita, for commenting on behalf of JAI.

      Delete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...