Saturday, September 18, 2021

Stampin' Up! Inspired Thoughts & Ephemera Sympathy Card

Good Saturday morning, peeps! Today is going to be a quick show and tell. Those of you who follow me know that I have been hung up on the Blackberry Beauty Specialty Designer Series Paper. I either love the paper or I'm too lazy to put it away...don't judge! So here is the second sympathy card I created with it. I created this one 9/10/21.


My card base is Blackberry Bliss Cardstock with a mat of Cinnamon Cider Cardstock. To that I adhered a piece of Blackberry Beauty Specialty Designer Series Paper. I used a tag from the Ephemera Pack and stamped the sentiment from the Inspired Thoughts Stamp Set and the bird from Beauty of Tomorrow Stamp Set in Blackberry Bliss ink. I looped a short length of Early Espresso 1/4" Faux Suede Trim through the tag hole and tied it with gold twine. Three gilded gems finished off the card front. I was inspired by my teammate, Akiko Sudano.

For the inside, I used a retired stamp set...Heal Your Heart for the sentiment and a the flower stamp from the Beauty of Tomorrow Stamp Set .


Something would be amiss if I didn't enter a challenge, right? 

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper September 2021

Alphabet Challenge "L" is for Leaves

Simply Create Too Ch. #174 - Fall Leaves

Thank you for stopping by today and have a great weekend.

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

12 comments:

  1. I like your idea of using something other than black & white for a sympathy card. Your choice of colour is perfect for the occasion, if I may say so - elegant and calm. The little bird and the shimmering accents are such a great way to add a little bit of life to and overall sad moment. I also like how you decorated the inside of the card. To me, the most difficult part of any card is always filling the big blank space inside. I guess it's a help for the thought process if something is already there. Thanks for joining the Alphabet challenge.

    Hugs, Veronika

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Veronika, for such a nice comment on behalf of the Alphabet Challenge. I agree about the inside!

      Delete
  2. Very pretty Karen! Love the colors! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply beautiful Karen :) Love the tag cards, I need to make them more

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much, Karen. I just ordered the tag dies because I want to make more!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card, Karen. That background paper is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us again at The Alphabet Challenge. Deborah DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Deborah, for commenting on behalf of The Alphabet Challenge.

      Delete
  5. Those deep, rich colors are so pretty with the gold, and I like how you added a finishing touch on the inside. Thank you for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Melanie, for your comment on behalf of TAC.

      Delete
  6. Beautiful creation! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Fiona, for commenting on behalf of CHNC.

      Delete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...