Saturday, August 21, 2021

Stampin' Up! Expressions in Ink Birthday Card

Yay, it's Saturday. I hope you have the day off and have an enjoyable weekend planned.

My card today is one we made at our Thursday card group. Meg brought the kit for us. The flower and words were cut from Gold Foil using a die from the Meadows Dies and Well Written Dies (retired), respectively. The words are adhered over a strip of Vellum. Everything is adhered to a panel of Expressions in Ink Designer Series Specialty Paper with some added retired sequins.


Isn't this paper beautiful? It's my first time using it! Our card base, of course, is Basic White.

I finished the inside at home.

I used the Best Year Stamp Set for my sentiment and the Garden Wishes Stamp Set for the flower image. I stamped the sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink on a panel of Basic White. I stamped the flower with Memento Tuxedo Black ink because I wanted to color it with Light and Dark Shaded Spruce Blends and Light and Dark Daffodil Delight Blends. I adhered it to a mat of Shaded Spruce cardstock.

I'm entering my card in these challenges:

NBUS #29 - Never Before Used Schtuff

Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper August 2021

The Flower Challenge #59 Use a Die


Thank you for stopping by today and remember, if you aren't a follower, please become one. There'll be a random prize draw when I reach my goal of 100. Only 29 more to go!









10 comments:

  1. Very pretty Karen! Love the gold touches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That background is stunning, Karen! I love the gold on that dark green. Really beautiful card.
    Hugs Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. That gold is beautiful on the Expressions in Ink paper. The vellum is a nice touch for the words. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful creation this is Karen, the background stunning and highlighted perfectly with that gold die cut flower. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Aileen, for commenting on behalf of TFC.

      Delete
  5. So pretty! Love that gold against the green - very elegant! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...