Wednesday, July 28, 2021

Stampin' Up! Beauty of Friendship Fun Fold

Mid-week again! Yesterday I watched a tutorial on You Tube and decided to give the fun fold a try. Here is my prototype...


I used these stamp sets to create my theater/stage fun fold card:  Beauty of FriendshipA Wish for Everything; and Celebrate Sunflowers.  I used two die sets: Tasteful Labels and Beautiful Trees. Last, but not least, two embossing folders: Greenery and Evergreen Forest 3D. The deer and cardinals were in my stash, cut out moons ago! Speaking of moons, I saw the moon this morning and an unusual sunrise. My iPhone camera doesn't do it justice but I just had to try to capture the beauty.




Back to my card. It's called a theater or stage fun fold and the easiest/fastest tutorial I found was here. There are many others out there and they use different methods and measurements. Gemma has a great tutorial but it is a little bit longer because it's more precise and she uses slightly different measurements than Michelle. I used a tree pattern from the Beauty of the Earth Designer Series Paper.

My colors are Merry Merlot, Early Espresso, Mossy Meadow, Real Red and Mango Melody. It doesn't show in the photo but I sponged Craft White ink over the evergreen trees and used my White Chalk Marker to create snow falling. I will be remaking this card because the left "curtain" doesn't open as well as the right. I think it's because the dry embossing is much higher and covered the entire piece. The one on the right opens perfectly. I was brave using good cardstock for a mock-up! BUT, that's how good I felt both video instructions were. Here it is from above...



I'm entering my card in Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper July 2021 Challenge, Make My Monday Challenge #153 - Trees, and Watercooler Wednesday: WWC321 Tristan's All Things Masculine Challenge

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll be back for our Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop tomorrow where the participating team members create cards or projects featuring all current Stampin' Up! products. If you aren't familiar with a blog hop, we explain in our post how it works. I do hope you'll have time to stop by tomorrow.

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

8 comments:

  1. Awesome fancy fold design! Pretty fall scene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great fold!! Love your "stage"! And the pictures are awesome, too - what a beautiful morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Gorgeous card and I love this fun fold and must try it soon! Thanks for joining us at MMM challenge. Hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sue, for commenting on behalf of MMM.

      Delete
  4. what a delightful card. Always awesome to see a different fold in a card. Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Dawn, for your comment on behalf of WWC.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...