Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Stampin' Up! A Wish for Everything Mother's Day Card

My card today is a CASE of a CASE! Thank you Donna Leonard and Su Mohr!  I used sentiments from A Wish for Everything and Happy Thoughts Stamp Sets to create my card.


Using the largest die from the Stitched Rectangles Dies, I cut a stitched mat of Coastal Cabana cardstock. I cut three strips from the Butterfly Bijou Designer Paper, which unfortunately hasn't been available for awhile...it was SO popular! I used a Stitched Rectangles Die, 3/4″ X 2 3/4″. I adhered them to the Coastal Cabana mat with liquid glue. 

In my stash I had the "happy" which is Bermuda Bay and cut with a borrowed die from years ago! The butterflies are cut with the Brilliant Wings Dies, bent with my bone folder and adhered with liquid glue only on the body part.

I used my Stamparatus to get the two separate words lined up from the A Wish for Everything Stamp Set. Believe it or not, that's what took me the longest on the entire card! I stamped it on a scrap of Basic White in Bermuda Bay ink and cut it out with another die from the Stitched Rectangles. I adhered it with Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I adhered the decorated mat to a Basic White cardstock base.

The inside sentiment is from the Happy Thoughts Stamp Set and is stamped in Bermuda Bay ink. I used another piece of Basic White cardstock and matted it on a piece of Coastal Cabana cardstock. I finished it off with a strip of Butterfly Bijou DSP.


I put another piece of a different design from the DSP pack on the envelope flap. Because I am hand delivering this, I put a cut out butterfly on the front of the envelope. I may even add some bling to the front. Do you think I should? OR maybe some Wink of Stella on the butterflies? OR both!!


I'm entering my card at the Little Red Wagon: Challlenge #600 - Hers! and at The Card Concept #154 Happy Mother's Day. I was inspired by the very pale curtains/painted wall in the background and the colors in the floral arrangement. I consider my card clean and simple/layered.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you'll come back tomorrow for our weekly Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop. It'll be a fun time!

12 comments:

  1. Pretty card! Love those butterflies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely! The three panels are a great background for those pretty butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty, love the butterflies. I’d forgotten that The Wish for Everything had the Mother’s Day sentiment. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this design! And the butterflies are the perfect addition for a Mother's Day card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card, Karen and the fact that you use all of your Stampin' Up! supplies whether current or not. I hadn't noticed the curtains in the back. That is what is so fun about an inspiration photo, everyone sees something different! Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept and hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love the big happy die cut. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jan, for commenting on behalf of LRW.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the SU Demos Fun Fold Hop

Hello my FB peeps! Welcome to our monthly Stampin' Up! Demos Fun Fold Blog Hop!! The participating demonstrators are listed at the end o...