Monday, May 3, 2021

Stampin' Up! Pansy Patch Birthday Card

Good Monday Morning Mystery is on the menu today! My card today was created by watching Sharon Armstrong's Mystery Stamping Monday April 26, 2021. This was not an easy one for me because my brain couldn't wrap itself around putting one of the DSP pieces vertically instead of horizontally. My mantra was "this just doesn't fit, I don't understand." Finally the light bulb went on...literally and figuratively...I think my Ott light has a short! My brain might too!! So, here is my final product...


I was really pleased with the mystery design. I used the Pansy Patch Stamp Set, available tomorrow, and the Pansy Petals Designer Series Paper. There are also dies that go with the stamp set. You'll be able to buy them as a bundle and save 10%. I should have my catalog tab updated tomorrow so you can access the digital version. There are dies that cut out pansies from the DSP too! I love that!! Guess what they're called? Pansy Dies...lol. I used the smaller one for my pansy embellishment. The other embellishments are the new Genial Gems in the new Pale Papaya In Color 2021-2023. Measurements are listed below.

Here's how I did the inside, which started out as a hot mess because of my old Calypso Coral ink pad. I had ink everywhere ... on me, on the cardstock, on the DSP but fortunately not on the card front! Time for a new pad!! Rather than scrap the card, I just added another layer of cardstock, DSP and used Cajun Craze ink. I added another pansy embellishment. A fellow stamper will receive this as they totally get ink smudges!


You can find Sharon's mystery stamping on her FB page and You Tube. It really is a lot of fun...give it a try!

There are a lot of snippets on this card so I am entering it at Pixie's Crafty Workshop #402 just for fun. It seems like forever that I've been to the Playground. Hi Di! 

I'm also playing at Dare 2B Artsy May Flowers Challenge and Pammie's Inky Pinkies 2118 ATG Challenge.

If you have any questions, I'll be happy to answer them if you leave your email address or email me. Thanks for stopping by today.

Measurements in inches:

Basic White Cardstock: 5 1/2 x 8 1/2, scored and folded at 4 1/4; 2 1/4 x 2 1/4; 1 3/4 x 1 3/4 (sentiment); scrap for image if you will be stamping rather than die cutting

Designer Series Paper: 1 1/4 x 1 1/4 (3)

Designer Series Paper: 1 1/4 x 2 1/2 (2)

Designer Series Paper: 1 x 1 1/4 (1)

Colored Cardstock: 2 1/2 x 2 1/2; 2 x 2


8 comments:

  1. Cute block pattern with the DSP! Love that gingham. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the layering. Great choice of papers, esp for mystery stamping! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are neighbors in the gallery at Pammie's Inky Pinkies, so I wanted to drop by and say Hi Neighbor. Love how you paired the gingham and dots with that sweet flower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Bonnie. I'm glad you did that.

      Delete
  4. What a fun card design - and the papers you've used are so pretty with it! :) Love that single Pansy taking centerstage! :)

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Birthday Card for Pammies' Inky Pinkies Challenge #2415

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... This week our sponsor is none other than Pammie herself!  She is offerin...