Sunday, January 3, 2021

Stampin' Up! Let It Ride Get Well Card

Good Sunday morning, peeps! How are you doing with your New Year's resolutions or goals? I saw this quote the other day and found it appropriate for how I hope to "take life by the reins" this year...

"The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year, but rather that we should have a new soul."  G. K. Chesterton

Today I've chosen to show you a card made with a retired stamp set. Remember on Monday I had the butterflies card with these colors? Today's card was made for the same person who purchased the butterflies. I love the sentiments in this set and I think the "Live as if someone left the gate open" is especially very appropriate to a hopeful new me, a new you. Whatcha think?


So, this person's granddaughter had gone through eye surgery at 13 and she loves horses. I had so much fun creating this card for her. I followed the instructions by Lori Willcox.  I pretty much did everything the way she did so I won't go into the "how to" in this post. Just click on the link and you'll see everything you need. I was happy with my CASE and so was the customer.


Lori did not show a photo of her inside but this is how I created mine...


The sentiment is from the Healing Hugs stamp set and the horses are from Let It Ride.

I'm entering my card in the 2 Crafty Critter Crazies: January 2021 Challenge. I also wondered if a horse running on the beach at Daytona would cause a traffic problem with cars that drive on the beach? and sunbathers? I'll let the Alphabet Challenge "T" is for Traffic Design Team rule on that decision! Jeannie, Dragonfly Journeys, has a monthly celebration challenge. Although my card is a get well card, it is also celebrating the occasion of the granddaughter's successful surgery and it was a quick recovery! Gem of a Craft Challenge Week 1 is an Anything Goes Challenge.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a beautiful Sunday. Tomorrow will it be "Masculine Monday"? "Mystery Monday"? "Memories & More Monday"? Please do come back if you have an inquiring mind! Oh, come back anyway...you know I love your visits!!


18 comments:

  1. So pretty! Love the background colors. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for joining in at the Alphabet Challenge with your fabulous card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Meg, for commenting on behalf of AC.

      Delete
  3. Wow, so beautiful! Love your colors and the silhouetted horse. TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card - I was sure sorry when this set retired! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cool card, I can't make scenes for the life of me, so this is wonderful to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, LeAnne. I can't do it unless I CASE someone!!

      Delete
  6. Love this Karen, the scene is beautiful.😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. A stunning card, amazing work. Yes, you have left us a dilemma, are horses classed as traffic? The jury is still out on this one, considerations to be made. Thanks for joining us at Alphabet Challenges. We have loved your card, regardless of our final decision. Caz. DT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caz. I appreciate your comment. Before automobiles, traffic consisted of horse and buggy ... lol!

      Delete
  8. What a beautiful horse card! I love the background so much! I recently watched the Black Stallion movie from about 20 years ago and this card reminds me of it! Thanks so much for joining us at the Alphabet Challenge Blog!
    Rachelle : ) DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Karen and Happy New Year! I love this card and I'm sure she did too. That background is amazing and the stamping inside and on the envelope is something I'm trying to remember to do too because it adds so much.

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeannie. No nekkid envelopes as my upline says!

      Delete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...