Sunday, January 17, 2021

Stampin' Up! Game On Birthday Card

 As promised, here's another Game On birthday card for the order on Monday. I was inspired by Rose Packer, again. Measurements are listed at the end of my post.


My card base is Basic Black cardstock. I cut a Basic Black mat and ran it through my embossing machine using the Tasteful Textile 3D EF. Then I cut a piece of Perfectly Plaid DSP (retired) and adhered it to the embossed mat. I ran a piece of Real Red Double Stitched Satin Ribbon around the mat and adhered the mat to the card base.

I cut a piece of Real Red cardstock and a piece of Basic White cardstock. I stamped the chess pieces from Game On with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the sentiment from Itty Bitty Birthdays with Real Red ink. I adhered the art piece to the mat with liquid glue. Then I adhered the mat to the card front with Black Stampin' Dimensionals. Easy peasy!

I used a sentiment from the Best Year Stamp Set for the inside of my card.

I'm entering my card in these challenges:


Thank you for stopping by today.

Measurements:
Card Base: 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
Embossed Mat: 4 1/8" x 5 3/8"
DSP: 2" x 5 1/4"
6 1/2" ribbon
Red Square: 2 5/8" x 2 5/8"
White Art Panel: 2 3/8" x 2 3/8"

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

14 comments:

  1. This is a great design Karen! Perfectly layered! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - really like this one! Great design and that plaid is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE it Karen :) That black, gray & white plaid with the red is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my favorite too. I love the plaid and the strip of ribbon. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, Karen - your layers are perfectly buttoned up! Such a great color combo, too - classic! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather, for commenting on behalf of SUO.

      Delete
  6. Love the layout you've used for your card Karen and using the Tasteful textiles embossing folder adds a very soft texture to the card. The colours you've used really do set the chess pieces off! Thanks for taking part in the SUO challenge hope to see you next time x Natalie Arnold

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Natalie, for your comment on behalf of SUO.

      Delete
  7. Great CAS card with the Plaid DSP and image. Love it. Thank you so very much for playing along with us at SUOChallenges.com and we are definitely looking forward to you joining us again tomorrow for our Love challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This card looks amazing. The shine of the ribbon really makes it feel special. Thanks for playing along with us at SUO Challenges, hope to see you for our new challenge starting today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great masculine card!
    Thank you for sharing with Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge!
    Susan
    DT for Patterned Paper Challenge
    Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Get Well

Good mid-week morning, peeps! My card today was inspired by my upline and friend, Mary Deatherage. Here's her "how to" . I str...