Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Stampin' Up! Whale Done Whale of a Time Card

 My card today is going to be a birthday card, I think, but I haven't stamped it with a birthday message yet. I may just end up writing it in. I used the  Whale Done Stamp Set  and the Whale of a Time Designer Series Paper.



I was inspired by a layout of one of my team mates, Karen Ksenzakovic.

I love this design because it let's the Designer Series Paper take center stage and does most of the work for you. But, I also had a helper with this one. Let me show you the process...




Yes, that's Lord Chesterfield (Chester) in action. He loves to be with his Gramma when I'm creating. I'm thankful my ink pads are closed when he investigates...I mean goes to work!

So, here's a photo of the front without my helper...


My card base is Thick Whisper White Card Stock with a mat of DSP. On top of that is a mat of Just Jade Card Stock and Just Jade and Pretty Peacock stamped images on Whisper White Card Stock. I adhered three 2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots (Just Jade) and the card front was done.

For the inside, I cut an inner liner of Just Jade Card Stock and a piece of Whisper White card stock. I stamped the sentiment in Just Jade and ran it through my embossing machine using the  Seabed 3D Embossing Folder.


This is the first time I have used this folder so I'm entering my card in the NBUS #19 Challenge.


I liked how the embossing folder made the sentiment a little wavy so I added a little more motion at the bottom with more DSP.


Thank you for stopping by and have a blessed day.

Measurements:

Card Base: 4 1/4" x 11", scored and folded at 5 1/2"
DSP Mat: 4" x 5 1/4"
Art Panel Mat: 2 1/2" x 5 1/4"
Art Panel: 2 1/4" x 5 1/4"
Inner Liner: 4" x 5 1/4"
Embossed Layer: 3 3/4" x 5"
DSP Layer: 3 3/4" x 2 1/2"












10 comments:

  1. Cute card! And cute helper too...I'm sure that he lends a big hand/paw when he assists. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautifully designed card, that paper is great! Love your helper, too, I have a few of those kind of pesky helpers LOL, I have 3 kitties in the house! Thank you for coming on over from NBUS to leave me a nice comment on my wreath card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your oceanic love card, Karen! Great paper and great design, both outside and inside with lots of texture!! Thank you so much for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Keep well! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Darnell. I appreciate your comment on behalf of NBUS.

      Delete
  4. Such a fabulous ocean card!! Wonderful design and beautiful paper! A great card inside and out! And, thank so much for your sweet comment on my card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card - both inside and out! Love that image too. Thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lynn, for leaving a comment on behalf of 2CCC.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Autumn Expressions for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came!! We have a theme challenge for you today and here is what I created for our hop... Let&#...