Friday, October 30, 2020

Stampin' Up! Forever Fern Birthday Card

TGIF, peeps! This is my next to last Friday in the mountains. Five weeks have flown by like Hurricane Zeta that went through yesterday. We ended up not losing power but the outside fire pit chairs were blown helter-skelter and some of the corraled garbage pails were jostled.  There are lots of sticks and branches laying around but we are renters so we don't have to pick them up unless we want to. That was always my chore as a child and I absolutely hate it to this day! However, I do like to stamp and enter challenges! 

My inspiration came from Marcelyn Churchill on one of Beth McCullough's FB posts (Stamping Mom). I'm entering my card in one of the challenges where Beth is part of the Design Team...Festive Friday #FF0071 - World Kindness Day. You don't have to follow the theme; however, you do have to use at least three items from the Inspo List. I chose pattern paper, ribbon and sentiment.




I used the Forever Fern Stamp Set and Happiest of Birthdays to create my card for today.  It's another monochromatic for me in Just Jade colors. My card base is Whisper White Thick Card Stock. I stamped the front with the splatter stamp from Forever Fern. Then I adhered a piece of Flowers For Every Season DSP to a Just Jade mat. I adhered that to the card front with liquid glue.

Next on a piece of Whisper White Card Stock, I stamped the image and sentiment from Forever Fern. I tied a piece of ribbon from the Flowers for Every Season Combo Pack around the art panel and adhered it to the card front. It was supposed to have a mat underneath but I forgot that! I also wish I had adhered it with Dimensionals. I'll be making another one because I really like this design.

For the inside, I kept it simple with more splatters and a sentiment from Happiest of Birthdays.

Jeannie makes me smile and that's encouraging so I'm entering this card in her Dragonfly Journeys Challenge #139. Perhaps I'll save this for her birthday!

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you have a great weekend planned. If you have time, stop by both of these challenges. You won't be disappointed!

Card Cuts:

Card Base: 5 1/2” x 8 1/2”, scored and folded at 4 1/4”

Just Jade mats: 2 1/4” x 4 1/4” and 2 1/4” x 4” (for forgotten art panel)

Whisper White Art Panel: 2” x 3 3/4”

DSP: 2” x 4 1/4”

Just Jade Ribbon: 9”

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

10 comments:

  1. Glad that you came through the storm with minimal damage...we're getting the rain, but no real wind up north. Pretty colors on your card! Love the greenery image! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy. Today we lost power and the chairs were all tipped over by the firepit. Wonder if it was the tail of Zeta or if it doubled back? Very strange hurricane.

      Delete
  2. Hi Karen! This is just gorgeous and I do love that Just Jade color. The inside is especially fun and of course the matching envelope is perfect. I received your email (thank you) and I will be catching up with you this weekend. You make me smile too, and this card would make anyone's birthday happy, including mine :)

    Jeannie T.
    Dragonfly Journeys

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jeannie. I appreciate your visit.

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I haven't used Just Jade much but I think I am going to use it a lot for Christmas! Glad you're safe and sound from Zeta...my chrysanthemums flew all over the place but they're about done for anyway and I think it's going to freeze tomorrow, so I may just play Taps for them tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. You are too funny with your Taps!

      Delete
  4. Very pretty! Love the mono-chromatic color palette! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your card, Karen! Thanks for the mention of Marcelyn and I. She will be thrilled when I tell her. :)
    I actually gave you credit on my Facebook Live today too, but I don't think you were on to hear it. I loved the granddog sympathy card you made for Mystery Stamping a couple weeks ago and I copied part of it on the Dutch Barn Door card I showed today. You make beautiful cards Karen and I'm so glad we've become virtual stamping friends! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!
    Blessings,
    Beth McCullough-DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Beth, for such a nice compliment. I wasn't able to watch you yesterday but I'll watch the replay for sure...just so I can hear my name...lol! I can't wait to see what you and Steve were up to. I'm happy as well that we've become virtual stamping friends. It was my pleasure to play at Festive Friday. I don't think a fave was ever picked for National Cat Week #0069, which was the one I entered the granddog sympathy card :-)

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...