Saturday, October 31, 2020

Stampin' Up! Dragonfly Garden Birthday Card

Good Saturday morning, peeps. This is my last Saturday in NC and right now it's 36 degrees. It'll be a shock to go from the 50's highs  back to 100 degree heat index!

I used the upcoming Dragonfly Garden Stamp Set  (January - June 2021 Mini Catalog) and the current Best Year Stamp Set to create my card for today.

It's another monochromatic, which I love to create! I'll describe the inside first but you'll also see the outside along with it! 

I stamped a sentiment and images from Dragonfly Garden on the inside Purple Posy mat and adhered it with liquid glue. So, as you can see, this is a "Z" fold card. My card base is Whisper White Thick Card Stock.  Measurements are listed below.

Then I stamped a sentiment from Best Year in Highland Heather at the bottom of the remaining Purple Posy mat, which is a smaller size than the inner panel. I wrapped a piece of ribbon around it and secured it on the back, leaving enough to cut for making a faux bow. Then I attached that to the Highland Heather mat.

Using a 2 3/8" Stitched Shape die, I cut the Playing With Patterns DSP circle. I adhered that above the ribbon with liquid glue.

On a scrap of Whisper White, I stamped the dragonfly in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and colored it with my Light and Dark Highland Heather Blends. I punched it out with the upcoming Dragonflies punch and adhered it to the circle with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

Then I adhered that layer to the front of the card, only putting liquid glue on about 1" of the left side of the Z fold, making sure the panel hid the inside panel. 


Unfortunately, it won't lay flat so that I could show you that but I know you get it! I may add some bling. What do you think?

I finished off the envelope with a dragonfly on the front and more Playing With Patterns DSP on the flap.

I'm entering my card in the Aud Sentiments Challenge #263 - ATG with a sentiment and StampingPals Challenge #8 - Punches.

Thank you for stopping by today.

Measurements:

Card base: 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", score and fold at 4 1/4", score and fold at 2 1/8"

Purple Posy: 3 3/4" x 5" (inside liner); 3 1/2" x 4 3/4" art panel

Highland Heather: 3 3/4" x 5" mat for art panel

DSP: 2 1/2'" x 2 1/2"; 6" x 2 1/4" for envelope flap

Tricolor Ribbon: 9"

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty! Love that dragonfly image. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card. I like the image and colors. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful card, Karen! Thanks so much for playing along with our StampingPals challenges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kylie, and thanks for choosing it for the Runner Up!

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...