Friday, September 25, 2020

Stampin' Up! Whiskey Business Masculine Birthday Card

TGIF, peeps! Today we will be packing and loading the truck to head for the mountains. It will be such a relief getting out of this heat...have I mentioned that before? LOL! I think SO!

My card today uses the Whiskey Business Stamp Set and I made it for the owner of the Celtic Ray in Punta Gorda. If you ever are nearby, it's a true Irish Pub...no domestic beers and great Irish food. Sometimes a little Indian as well for a weekly curry special. Their naan is to die for!


I used an Early Espresso card base on which to mat my Designer Series Paper from In Good Taste. Then I adhered the Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty Paper. I had a whiskey bottle and glass left in my stash so I adhered them with Dimensionals.

The sentiment is stamped in Early Espresso on a piece of Very Vanilla card stock and cut out with a die from the Tasteful Labels die set. I also sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink.

I forgot to take a picture of the inside before I wrote in it, but it said, "You're top shelf" and "Happy Birthday." I stamped another whiskey glass in the bottom corner.

I am entering my card at Alphabet Challenge Blog: M - Anything that begins with M and my masculine card for Mr. Kevin Doyle is a Perfect Manhattan! The M's have it! Now that I have read the recipe, I'll be adding the lemon twist on the card before I mail it in October.

A Perfect Time to Craft always has an "Anything Goes" Monthly Challenge so I'm entering my card there, also, as well as at Aud Sentiments #260 ATG + Sentiment.

Than you for stopping by today and I hope you have a wonderful weekend planned.

Partial Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

12 comments:

  1. Great card Karen :) You are the master of masculine cards. I always struggle with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. I really enjoy making masculine cards.

      Delete
  2. Great masculine card, Karen, perfect for a pub owner! Drive safely on your trip up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. We are still packing food, pantry items and freezer stuff. Six weeks away is a long time but I know it will go by in the blink of any eye!

      Delete
  3. Cool card! Love the woodgrain with the gold background. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Amy, I knew you'd approve of the woodgrain ;-)

      Delete
  4. Awesome card. Great stamp and die. Thanks for sharing over at Aud Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Billie, for leaving a comment on behalf of Aud Sentiments.

      Delete
  5. Hi At first I thought Aghh! a Malt Whisky, but then when I read it I discovered it was a Manhattan. Needless to say I adore your initiative design. A wonderful card. Thanks for joining in the fun at Alphabet Challenges. Caz DT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Caz. I'm not sure if I've ever had a malt whiskey but I do love chocolate malts and candies with malted milk in them! That might be my next card for the challenge :-)

      Delete
  6. Great colours and card - love the way you have used the 'M' for our challenge. Thank you for joining us at The Alphabet Challenge xx Lynda DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lynda, for commenting on behalf of TAC.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Simply Zinnia Thank You for the Creative Creases Challenge #79 Anything with a Fun Fold

Welcome to our Anything Goes With a Fun Fold Challenge. If you haven't played at CCC before, what are you waiting for? We'd love to...