Thursday, September 3, 2020

Stampin' Up! Tasteful Touches for the Thursday Happy Inkin' Blog Hop

 

Welcome to the Happy Inkin' Thursday blog hop. You're in for a treat if you have never visited before. It's a weekly challenge and this week we have a sketch challenge. We also have a return hopper, Julie Johnston...welcome back!

I can't wait to see what each team member has created. Hop along with us at the bottom of my post. 

Image may contain: text that says 'Happy Inkin Thursday Blog Hop September 3 Sketch Challenge'

Here's what I created for it...the first time! I didn't like how it turned out...

I had forgotten to trim off the excess paper on the bottom and ended up cutting off the feathers as I was cutting on the back side. I forgot to emboss the right panel so I tried to stamp it with stamps from Tasteful Touches. Why am I telling you all this? Because it was too late to change my permalink for the other team members to link up. They shouldn't have to edit their posts to accommodate my decision to switch stamp sets!  So here is the real McCoy using the Butterfly Gala Stamp Set ...

I'd like to enter the real McCoy in these challenges:

Shopping Our Stash Weekly Color Challenge #428 using Pale Green, Purple and Gray:

Stampin' Up Only SUOC #257 Die Cutting and Punching

Try It On Tuesday - Neat and Tidy

My card base is Smokey Slate and I used front and back of a pattern of Designer Series paper from In Good Taste. I wrapped a piece of Braided Trim around the seam and adhered a separate bow with a glue dot.

I stamped the butterflies in Mint Macaron and Highland Heather inks and colored them in with my Light and Dark Stampin' Blends: Mint Macaron, Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape. I punched them out with the Butterfly Duet punch. I adhered the little ones with glue dots and the big one with liquid glue. Then free hand I put their bodies on. There are stamps for the bodies and antennae but I chose not to use them.

The sentiment is stamped in Highland Heather ink using the Beautiful World Stamp Set. It is cut out with one of the Tasteful Labels dies. It's adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals. 

The inside is neat and tidy!


The sentiment is from Beautiful World and it too is stamped in Highland Heather. I had one left over butterfly so I adhered it with liquid glue.

I hope you enjoyed my card today and thank you for joining the hop. Clicking on the "next" button will take you to Akiko. Clicking on the names below will take you directly to the other team members and their projects.

No photo description available.

Amy Koenders

Mary Deatherage

Kristi Gray

Jaimie Babarczy

Karen Finkle - you are here!

Akiko Sudano

Karen Ksenzakovic

Julie Johnston


Product List

Links by TheseAreMyStamps.com

24 comments:

  1. Great cards Karen :) I especially LOVE the 2nd one with the butterflies and the mix of DSP Your colors are perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both cards! I love those bold colors against the neutral backgrounds and your butterflies are really pretty!!😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty butterflies, love that pack of designer paper too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Love those sweet butterflies! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Karen, You are so creative. However, I agree with you on the first card, and LOVE the second card. Was your choice of sentiment because you had a new beginning with the card?? :-)
    I like the way you used the front and back of the DSP. Beautiful butterflies! A sure winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Julie. It was a card I made for a customer. She has a friend who is beginning a new job.

      Delete
  6. Oh, yes, and thanks for the welcome back! Good to be back on the hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really, I'm so happy my sister from another mother has returned to the fold!

      Delete
  7. Nice, I still love these butterflies so much, and I love the coloring style you've used! So pretty! Thanks so much for playing at SUO!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Heather, for commenting on behalf of SUO. I hope you get 20 entries this time!

      Delete
  8. I love the embossing on both cards and the butterflies. Butterflies are associated with new beginnings so I’m sure the friend will love it. I do!
    (The embossing on the first card gives that patterned paper a neat, different look. What EF is that?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susan. There is no embossing on either card, just patterned paper and stamping with Tasteful Touches and A Good Man on the first one.

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous card!! Thanks for joining us at Try it on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Helen, for leaving a comment on behalf of TIOT.

      Delete
  10. Lovely card with the pretty butterflys

    Thanks for joining in at Try it On Tuesday challenge

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card! Thanks so much for accepting the challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana Malkah, DT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Chana, for leaving a comment on behalf of SOS.

      Delete
  12. You combined my favs into one great card! Thank you so much for playing along with us at SUOChallenges.com and we hope that you join us again!

    ReplyDelete

Pammie's Inky Pinkies Challenge #2411

Welcome to another PIP Challenge . Here is what I created for it... I just love the background digital from our   awesome sponsor ... This w...