Sunday, September 13, 2020

Stampi' Up! Nature's Beauty Mystery Card

My friend, Anne (Stamp Maven), did a mystery card yesterday on FB Live and this is how my card turned out...


My card base is Gorgeous Grape with a mat of retired Designer Series Paper. I ran it through my embossing machine using the Evergreen Forest 3D EF. 

I used the Nature's Beauty Stamp Set to stamp my deer and bunny with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink. I colored the animals with my Light and Dark Crumb Cake and Smoky Slate Stampin' Blends. I die cut them with one of the dies from Stitched Nested Labels and adhered it to the card front with Stampin' Dimensionals. Then I adhered the Purple 3/8" Tricolor Ribbon with Stampin' Seal. I'm entering my card at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies #42.

I stamped the sentiment from the Autumn Goodness Stamp Set in Highland Heather Ink on a scrap of Whisper White. It is punched out with the Label Me Fancy punch. I sponged the edges with Gorgeous Grape Ink and adhered it to the card front with double thick Dimensionals. Three Pearl Basic Jewels finished the front. I'm entering my card in the NBUS #18 Challenge as I have never inked up this stamp. It's the first stamp I've used in the set! I need to get busy on Thanksgiving cards!!

On the inside, I used the Healing Hugs Stamp Set and a small strip of the retired DSP. I used Highland Heather ink and Mint Macaron. I will be writing a note so there was no need for a sentiment.



Mystery stamping truly fascinates me. The first clue is a list to gather all needed supplies. Then you get clues, one at a time, giving instructions for constructing your card. It's interesting to see how everyone has interpreted the instructions! I'm doing mystery cards with my card group ladies via email. You can do it on FB, You Tube and via a Zoom meeting!  If you haven't tried it, I hope you will! 

Thank you for stopping by today.


4 comments:

  1. Love the embossing folder that you used! Sounds like a fun event. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your background and those wonderful images. Fantastic card!!!! Thanks so much for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn, for leaving a comment on behalf of 2CCC.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...