Saturday, August 15, 2020

Stampin' Up! Whiskey Business Masculine Birthday Card

When you see my card, you might not think it's masculine, but it's for this birthday boy. He's one of the bartenders at the Celtic Ray.

I asked his permission to take the pic and told him I'd be making a card but he didn't know it would be for him. Here it is...

Needless to say I had fun creating it with the Buffalo Check Stamp Set and Whiskey Business Stamp Set!

My card base is Smoky Slate with a mat of Petal Pink. I drew the lines with my Basic Gray Stamp N Writer Marker (my ruler slipped in one place...ugh!) and sponged the plaid with Petal Pink ink. I cut a strip of DSP from the In Good Taste DSP and adhered it at the bottom.

The whiskey bottle and glass had previously been made when I created this card. Just click on the link to see the details.

The inside is stamped with a sentiment from the Happiest of Birthdays Stamp Set.


I used my Petal Pink Stamp N Write marker for part of it and my Basic Gray marker for the rest. The glass is Smoky Slate stamped off once and the lemon peel is Crushed Curry, which I wish I had stamped off once!

Today I'm playing at:

Dragonfly Dreams: Anything Goes Challenge 

A Perfect Time to Craft Open Challenge #8 ATG

CardzTV ATG #121

Thank you for stopping by and I hope your weekend is going smoothly.


16 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, you nailed this! His shirt is a perfect inspiration...he definitely looks Celtic, too! He'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool card Karen :) Love the way you used this set to match his shirt, it's perfect

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! That is PERFECT! Absolutely wonderful design and colors for your friend. He's going to love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary. I hope I see him again to find out. He has started his own lawn business, has a restaurant business and I wonder if he has time to bartend!

      Delete
  4. Hi! Your project is beautiful. Thanks for playing with us on Dragonfly Dreams Challenges and best of luck with your entry.
    Ine DT http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ine, for leaving a comment on behalf of DDC.

      Delete
  5. GREAT job!! I love that you imitated his shirt so well. I have this stamp set & love it!!! Thanks for sharing your card! I'm from Parrish, about an hour north of you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Karen. We used to go camping at the state parks near Parrish.

      Delete
  6. Such a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at the Dragonfly Dreams.
    Hugs Ilonka DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ithink I posted on the wrong page....Above you refer to the Celtic Ray....is this in Punta Gorda and are you a local demonstrator. I love this card by the way!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bev! I miss making cards for them. Last I knew, he was no longer there.

      Delete

Stampin' Up! Cheerful Daisies Birthday Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a theme challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let's take...