Sunday, August 16, 2020

Stampin' Up! Campology Happiest Birthday

Good Sunday morning, peeps. The weekend certainly does fly by even when retired!

Camping is such summer fun and that's the challenge at Allsorts Week 585/6.

I used the Campology Stamp Set and Happiest Birthday Stamp Set to create my card. It can be either masculine or feminine.

My card base is So Saffron Card Stock, 5 1/2" x 8 1/2", scored at 4 1/4", on which I stamped the trees and sentiment from the Campology Stamp Set. I used Mossy Meadow ink for that. The trees are stamped off twice.

The patterned paper is from ScrapBerry's Forest 6 x 6 Paper Collection. I'm playing at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge today.

I cut a 2 1/2" strip and adhered it with liquid glue. I cut the campfire with a die from Stitched Shapes Dies. It was right on the edge of the paper so I had to fill in the other side of the square with a piece like the strip. I sponged the right side piece trying to achieve the background of the fire but the difference is still noticeable. I used this design because I was going to enter it in a challenge. However, I didn't realize the challenge had ended two  hours before I finished my card! I might deconstruct it to add twine around the seam. Again, I'm looking for advice so if you have time, let me know your thoughts in a comment. Thank you in advance!

The inside is clean and simple.

I used the coffee pot stamp from Campology, stamped in Crumb Cake. The sentiments from Happiest Birthday are stamped in Early Espresso ink.

Every once in awhile, I like to read a young adult or children's book. My favorite from long ago is The Secret Garden. I think I now have a new favorite, Our Great Big Backyard. My husband and I always wanted to travel in the RV to all the National Parks but that did not come to pass. However, we did make it to four. So, I'm in the process of traveling to more with the help of Laura Bush and Jenna Bush Hager's book. The cover of the book has a campfire on it thus the inspiration for my card. I'm entering it in the International Art & Soul Challenge #90

Last, but not least, I'm playing again at Dragonfly Dreams monthly Anything Goes Challenge.

I will admit I don't like camping in a tent. When we had the RV, we called it "glamping" and we always had a campfire. I kept my blog on our travels and every once in awhile I re-read my first attempt at blogging.

Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you enjoyed my card. 


10 comments:

  1. I love that paper and your camping theme works perfectly! Great masculine (to me) card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeAnne. You were the one who got me started on that paper!

      Delete
  2. What a super camping inspired creation, many thanks for joining in with our 'Summer Fun' theme at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, such a summer fun!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous outdoor scene!! Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly dreams Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card, thanks for joining us at the Dragonfly Dreams.
    Hugs Ilonka DT x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful creation! Thank you for joining us at Allsorts for our summer fun challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Clever. Thanks for joining us at International Art & Soul. Good luck. Maggie, DT

    ReplyDelete

Stampin' Up! Thoughtful Journey Sympathy Card for the Happy Inkin' Thursday Blog Hop

Thank you for stopping here from wherever you came! We have a color challenge today and here is what I created for our hop... Let me tell y...